2011 worth the extra $$$? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

I recently finally got the wife's blessing to purchase a FJC. We looked at a few over the long weekend and I absolutely fell in love with a new Army Green Trail Teams. I like the fact that the 2011 comes with bluetooth and the passenger seat is modified a bit, to allow for easier access to the back seat. To make it even more awesome, she loves it too, mainly because it's a lot different from others.

After putting the pencil to the paper, I just can't for the life of me justify paying $655 per month...and that's with $5k down. And I refuse to finance for 6 years (my budget is $500 per mth). I fully expect that it would last that long but 6 years is a long damn time. I don't plan on doing any heavy off-roading.

As bad as I want that Green TT, I've started to consider buying a used one. Thing is, they aren't much cheaper unless you go to a 08 or 07. By the time the thing is paid off it'll be 8 or 9 years old!

With all that said, should I just be looking at another vehicle? Lol.

Curious to know what some of you gave for your rigs and approx what payments are.

Thanks for the info. I'm new here. Love the site.

Curious to know what some of you gave for your rigs and approx what payments are.

Paid MSRP for my 2007 model in 2006, $33K IIRC. :eek: Couldn't tell you about payments, sorry.

I guess it would boil down to how bad do you want that fjc. I went in the dealership knowing I was going to buy one and yeah, I had to juggle my budget at home a little ( cut out a couple nights eating out with the wife a month). I was able to get an Army Green but not the TT ( there wasn't one avail at the time). With it being my DD, I won't be doing any extreme offloading in it, at least until I get it paid down some. (plus my wife would kill me if I ended up rolling it down a mountain). I love the reaction I get from other FJC owners when they see the the AG and can't wait till I'm able to Customize it with a lift/lights and what not but that's down the road (have to build up the fj piggy bank first). If you truly want it, you will find a way. Good luck with what decide to do.

:cheers::cheers:

$500 per month for 60 months should do the job for the payment when you are putting $5K down. The FJC will be good for the time and you will have a better cash flow. If you want a new vehicle more often look at a 3 year lease deal.

Knowing that each of our personal finances are exactly that.... personal. The real question is do you want the '11 AG FJ or not? If you do and cannot afford it right now, wait and buy a used one in a year or two. If you can, but just don't like the sound of the payment... don't tell anyone and enjoy the truck. That being said, I once said I would never have a monthly payment as large as the 100's was... so, I make weekly payments on my wife's Lexus. Good luck.

Do you need all the extra the TT add-on. Or, could you settle for the faux TT (still all green) but is just missing upgraded suspension, the center pod, and rear power and badging. Any of which you can do yourself as your budget allows in the future.

You can get better suspension with aftermarket and you can run your own power to the rear yourself. Yo can do the center pod if you really have to do it.

Look for one without a roof rack and rock rails and you should be able to score one for around 30K.

TTSE is a rip off if you ask me. Yes it's rare and collectible, but who cares. If you're going to do it right, you're going to replace the suspension anyways. The wheels, black trim, and matching roof are nice, but not multiple thousands of dollars nice.

If you're a Costco member, try the Costco car buying program. Used that plus a little negotiating to get $3.5K off MSRP on my 2010 TT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom