2010 GX460 Fox 2.5 with external Resi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone is running the Fox 2.5 with external Resi, my friend had them on his GX470 and he was gonna pass them down to me but I haven't found anything online with people running them.

Only thing I can think of that is comparable is the Filthy Motorsports King shock kit. since King shocks and Fox shocks mount very similarly you may be able to buy all the control arms and mounting tabs from Filthy Motorsports and just use fox shocks instead. You could call them and ask. They build trophy trucks so I'm sure they can answer that.

I’m not sure how different the suspension is on a 2010 vs a 2020, but I just saw this so it can be done.

I’m not sure how different the suspension is on a 2010 vs a 2020, but I just saw this so it can be done.

With enough time and money any modifications can be done lol. The hard part will be mounting them. It may require welding on mounting points. Then you will have to tune the suspension accordingly. Try contacting Filthy Motorsports for mounting solutions. They may have already done the R&D

For the front reservoir brackets, I had to drill holes and use the provided tapping screws to install to the side of the frame. When mounting the reservoirs, you can adjust the hose orientation by gently cracking the nut just enough to rotate the fitting. If it was already installed on a 470, the hoses should already be set up. I think on the 470 they might use the sway bar holes to mount the bracket. In the GXOR facebook post, we discuss the passenger side interference with the windshield washer. For me this required a different routing of the hose, and the reservoir was mounted a little lower to clear the washer tank. The extended travel shocks require upper control arms. For this and all other Fox suspension products I recommend Camburg. I've been running their suspensions for over a decade in my vehicles.

Got them installed!

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_4995.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom