2010 FJ DRL disable any help? Not same as 07 FJ i had (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched high and low and found a lot of threads on this but all posted instructions only worked on my 07 FJ.

I now have a 2010 FJ and nothing seems to work with out messing something else up. Anyone know how to do this the easiest way poss with only killing the DRL.

I have run out of options and keep having problems with all HID kits dealer and shop installed. Now have caps and a relay but still the HID's are cooked in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for any and all advice....

i like how the last image on the process where it says "split here" just refuses to show up on any computer in my house hahaha

i like how the last image on the process where it says "split here" just refuses to show up on any computer in my house hahaha

He probably deleted the image from his online photo album. The first 2 images are hosted on imageshack.

Basically the second picture shows what you need. The harness clip indicated by the red circle needs to come apart. It's a pain because the space is so tight and it is clipped onto the sheetmetal there. You need a really small pry tool (screwdriver) and small hands to work the plastic retainer clip loose enough to separate the two halves of the plug. I simply separated it enough to disable the lights and then wrapped it in e-tape to hold it together (keep mud out of the plug ends).

If you remove the bezel and the small curved panel (carefully) below the driver's headlamp you might be able to get a better reach on the plug.

I tried the unplug behind drivers light first as it worked on my 07 , but with my 2010 all the light now go out. Must be another way on this. Dealership has cut me a check for $725 and said go away as they cant get a HID hit to work longer then 2 weeks. AS was story on my 07 they must be missing somthing and i am wondering if turning off the DRL will help.

Thanks

I searched high and low and found a lot of threads on this but all posted instructions only worked on my 07 FJ.

I now have a 2010 FJ and nothing seems to work with out messing something else up. Anyone know how to do this the easiest way poss with only killing the DRL.

I have run out of options and keep having problems with all HID kits dealer and shop installed. Now have caps and a relay but still the HID's are cooked in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for any and all advice....
If you want to cut the wire its in a rectangular relay box right behind your under hood fuse box --take off the box and open it up -- you will see two blue wires in one terminal --cut the thinner blue wire --

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom