2010 FJ Cruiser Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GeoYota

Allergic to pavement
Threads
Two weeks ago we bought a 2010 FJ Cruiser...no problem.

There is a solid TPMS sensor light on since we bought it. Took it to the warranty selected mechanic today and he told me that the ECM needed to be "re-flashed" at a Toyota dealership?

Has anyone here had any experience with this?

I did some research and found some threads here on IH8MUD as well as over at FJ Cruiser Forum, and some were positive results while others went into an expensive electronic gremlin rabbit hole...

Thank in advance for any advice you can lend...

Check the spare?

If so, probably a dead sensor...they have batteries in them and its almost 9 years old...that is about the run-time

I thought solid light is low tire pressure and flashing is a system problem.

X2 on the spare tire. That was my problem when I had a solid light.

Thanks for the replies...very helpful.

So I am a bit pissed off right now, because low and behold, the spare is flat. Dead flat. And there is a nail in the tread, with yellow grease pencil outlining it. Someone knew and sold us the FJ with a flat spare...with a nail in it.

I have some phone calls to make, thanks again for the replies.

Last edited:
Plugged, aired up, TPMS light out.

Thanks fellas, if you lived closer I’d buy you a beer or cup of coffee.

Sometimes it’s the simple things. 🆒

Geesh that one is completely fixable too, even with a quick DIY plug kit. Would have been a bummer to need it only to find that!

Follow up:

I wrote a less than flattering review of Carvana's customer service, and supposed 150 point inspection to the local Yelp along with photos of the flat spare tire.

We received an email and my wife also got a very nice voicemail apologizing for the issue we had, as well as a tracking number for a $250 reimbursement check.

Well done Carvana...well done.

Actual verbage used in the email:

We are sad to hear about the issue that you experienced with your spare tire. Your frustration is understandable and we appreciate you sharing this information so that we may have visibility on the greater issue. We apologize for the oversight in our 150 point inspection that lead to you being left with a deflated spare tire. This is not the experience that we want any customer to have. Tomorrow you will be receiving a $250 check that can assist in covering the cost for another spare tire. Here is the tracking number for your quick reference: 7856828XXXXX.

We value your feedback and will be using this as a learning opportunity to ensure this does not happen again. We understand that the post vehicle purchase experience can make or break your overall Carvana experience regardless of how smoothly the buying process was. We hope that this helps to turn around your experience. Please let us know if we can assist further. Thank you for choosing Carvana!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom