2009 LX570 (Should I pull the trigger?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at moving on from my 235k mile LX470 and getting into a 570. This one is silver with cashmere interior, 99k miles, $30k. Service history is there, not perfect, some longer oil changes, etc. Looks clean inside and out, new tires. Price seems a bit high to me though. What do you guys think?
LXsilv.png

Looking at moving on from my 235k mile LX470 and getting into a 570. This one is silver with cashmere interior, 99k miles, $30k. Service history is there, not perfect, some longer oil changes, etc. Looks clean inside and out, new tires. Price seems a bit high to me though. What do you guys think?View attachment 3212726

Price is about right. FWIW in 2017 I paid $28k for my 08 LX with 96k miles.

Assume you’ll get a PPI, a couple of things to lookout for:

• Condition of radiator. Known to crack on the top at this age
  • Cam tower leaks — you’ll have wet / weepy oil stands below the valve cover and above the manifolds
  • Valley plate leak — signs of burnt coolant under the top engine cover
  • Leaks on oil cooler
  • Should have had at least one AHC fluid change with that mileage. Don’t be surprised if it hasn’t, most owners neglect if it’s working

Thank you guys! I did check it out, took it for a spin. I see a 570 in my future, but I did pass on this particular one. Ran great, felt nice and tight but just too many "little things" for me to pay that price. Search is still on.....

Oh, and what is this on the front bumper:
LX570bumper.jpg

I have a similar looking thing on my front license plate that is part of the aftermarket radar or laser detector installed by a po. Not sure which it is but it associated to the detector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom