For Sale 2008 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“This rig looks fantastic“?!? Based on those crappy pictures?

I am not the owner of this 200 - but if it’s the same rig I believe it is, I know it very well. Unfortunately I do not have the VIN saved on my phone to verify. My recommendation is to NOT purchase it.

The maintenance history is generally good. When I last saw it, the radiator was starting to develop a crack. All other mechanicals looked good and it was dealer serviced it’s entire life.

However... this 200 suffered from some serious sun damage in Texas - specifically Houston. The clear coat and base coats were heavily weathered. Additionally, the front of the hood had extensive rock chips and paint marring.

As a result, the Toyota dealer farmed it out to a very shoddy paint shop that resprayed the bumper, hood, roof, a-pillars, and rear spoiler. BLUF is the paint match is terrible and there were lots of runs and fisheyes in the clearcoat. It’s a MAACO-quality paint job. Definitely a shame as this truck is otherwise a solid and rare rig. This would likely explain the off angle, low res photos in the ad. Park this thing in the sun, with a straight on shot, and you’ll see what I mean regarding the mismatched paint.

I hope I save someone here some heartache and time.

OP edited his post and removed the “looks fantastic” comments 🤥

OP edited his post and removed the “looks fantastic” comments 🤥

Did not want to lead anyone astray. I did not know the specifics of the rig and was just going off of the pictures. Should not have said it was "fantastic" without knowing anything about it. Apologies.

Longtime lurker here.... I have seen this rig in person at local cars and coffee events and it does look fantastic in person. From what I understand, the 200 was in TX at some point and some paint was redone due to fading only on the hood. Once the LC was sold, the new owner had the radiator replaced and did a thorough inspection as well through Toyota. Owner appears to baby it and is strictly a mall crawler from my brief conversation. If I had the cash, I'd buy it in a second as I've never seen a green 200 in this condition.

Hey there everyone, it's mine. Don't be talking about her like that, lol! I'm just checking out the market temp. I just sold my M5 and am considering all options for next purchase. I appreciate the comments, but telling someone to stay away from this rig is silly, especially if you're looking for green. It is mechanically solid, well maintained with dealer records, and is absolutely perfect underneath. There isn't an ounce of rust. I honestly don't think it has ever seen dirt. Basically... she's hot in all the right places. Regarding the paint on the front, yes it has been painted and looks fine. It's going to be near impossible to get a perfect match on the paint from 10 year old paint to today. You're going to have to get pretty intimate with her to tell she's had work done. Soon after I bought it, I took to the dealer and had serviced. Did spark plugs, diff fluids, valve seals, fuel injection cleaning. They were taking pics because they have never actually seen the green one.

Ha and thanks @PapaSmurfj80 for the comments, it does get the looks. I'll still be at C&C.

If anyone is looking for green... like I was, this is a good one. Some may even say fantastic!! Yes you're allowed to say that lol. I can send plenty of pics upon request, and I updated the listing because it auto cropped the images when posting from phone. Again, no rush to sell. I love cars and bounce around to different ones. The Amazon Green LC200 was on my list! Best wishes if it piques your interest too.

IMG_1343.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom