2004... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
As I noted in the other threads, I have zero time/energy to pour into LCL. What are everyone's wants for 2004, disband or ??

In short, we need a few people to take it and run with it....

IMO, we've been very disadvantaged in the past...the biggest reason is the most active portion of our membership (Jon/Mel, Chris/Amanda, me/Chris, reuben, Jim) are more active in other clubs, and shuffling time between two is near impossible. I know scheduling a run and having more memberships from other clubs participate was frustrating (not because of who showed up, but because of all those that DIDN'T show up)

I also know I received lots of committments from the GB crew for 2003, stating they would be more active...and nuthin. This was a major part of the initial crew that started LCL...and a major frustration on my part. Meeting location was an issue, since I recall one in GB where the only two to show up were cruiserrg and I.

Anyways, LCL needs to be redone or killed. I'm unsure on re-joining 4x4 forever for 2004, since I barely made a meeting there this year.

(I have "removed" us from the W4WDA memberships...that was done partly because I knew things were SO very inactive and partly because the new regional meetings needed participation to meet quorum requirements.)

as i stated in chit chat, i am ready and willing to help out the club! :)

I'd like to see it stick around, but we need more members and participation from them. I personally can make some of the meetings, but because of distances involved and commitments to other clubs, I can't offer much as far as keeping it going. If I have to keep it going, the meetings would end up down here so I don't have to drive far, and noone wants that :D

If we get it going again, we need to focus some on getting additional members, the club won't sustain itself without new members every so often. To accomplish that we may need to move the meeting locations around or find a more central location were new members wouldn't have to drive so far, if there are oprotunities in other parts of the state for new members.

well enough rambling...just would like to see it live on.

I also don't want to see LCL die, and Jon F (not being on the web) doesn't want it to die either. But as Woody has stated we are all busy with our respective club. To try and offer my commitment to the LCL I will volunteer to be the WI Delegate, for LCL since I go to the meetings anyway. Anyone else want to step up? Woody If you give me a list of the past members I will try to contact them and renew their interest. Been doing that a lot lately :D

I've got a newsletter going out today to the membership. I've gotten a couple calls from folks already asking about 2004, and have had quite a few people asking about joining....

next will be for someone to schedule a meeting and run with it...

[quote author=woody link=board=20;threadid=9093;start=msg86789#msg86789 date=1073573732]
next will be for someone to schedule a meeting and run with it...
[/quote]

Max! can you hear the train a coming?

i dont get it! :doh:

its ok, im blonde! :D

i think the problem is that we are (apparently) the only people that give a flyin fawk. :firingupthetrain:

Ok Max I am typing this slow so you can keep up. The train I was refering to is the one that was trying to railroad you into scheduling a meeting and contacting past or present members. :slap:

yeah, i figured it out about 10mins after i replied. i just like letting you guys think you're smarter than me :flipoff2:

any dates set yet Max? for a regroup!

woody mentioned somewhere that he has a meeting planned for late feb/early march. i will talk to him when he gets back on wednesday! choo choo!

I am currently not a member of LCL.

I would be interested in joining the club and helping out with anything that needs to be done to keep it going. I am located in central WI.

Is there an app to fill out, or how do I go about doing it. Thanks

Lee: step one is leadership...right now, I don't have time and no one else has stepped up to take charge. Until that happens....

alright, its official. tell me what to do, responsibilities, whatever, and consider it done. i have no idea how to go about this, but i will certainly try....hopefully with a little help along the way!

I will help out any way I can. I guess I don't want to step on any toes doing anything with the club without even being part of it. If there is an app to fill out or meeting to attend, count me in.

Possibly a meeting/trail run somewhere in the next month?

Is there still a website for the club?

http://lc-legends.black-knight.com is still the page....tho it's just a home page right now.

Lee, a trail ride sounds like a good idea until you only have 2-3 members show up...they haven't worked yet for a meeting.

I'm working now on a date for a meeting....tentatively the evening of Sunday, Feb 29. Two things will result from that meeting: 1> dissolution of the club or 2> new officers/leadership

Hopefully, I can make time tomorrow to whip up a newsletter and get out to the membership...will keep those not on the active list informed here of what is planned.

Exactly how many current members are there?

If only a couple people show up to a trail ride and there is really that little interest in it, i guess I would let it die....

Might be off my rocker, but possibly the club needs to be expanded to say other Toyota 4x4 vehicles, mini's t100's runners, ect.... I know that is probably a screwy idea since it is LandCruiser Legends.

Might get more interest with vehicles other than cruisers.... More turnout at meetings/trail rides ect...

Hell about the only thing Landcruiser in mine is the body and frame, rest is toyota mini or chevy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom