2003 Toyota suspension questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I am looking at a 2003 Taco. Its not the TRD package BUT it is 4x4 and the semi elusive color, white. other than going ARB package deal ($1,200) route, whathave you guys been using to get about 2" lift onto your tacos? also, other than frame issues, what are the big things to look out for ?

If you have a super tight budget, I would recommend OME coils (880's or 881's) and the ride height adjustable Bilstein 5100's for the front, (did this with both the 4runner and the Tundra and super happy).
Rears.... Add-A-Leafs or or one of the other "single leaf" adds/replacement to your oem spring packs might be an option.

Research other forums also.

Look a little older at the tread with "collapsed" in the title.

For the rears - you can search "Old Man Dave" or "OMD" over at Tacoma World first gen section. There is a lengthy thread now locked that describes using parts of the existing leaf pack with donor leafs from the junkyard cut to length. The underlying theme is that Toyota leafs are junk.

I'll be putting something together in the next few weeks. (First gen regular cab options are pretty much non-existent.) I bought Dodge Dakota springs from the junk yard. They are the correct width and have much more arch than Toy leafs.

For the front I went King but obviously not cheap. Guys seem to have real good luck with the OME coils and Billys as described above.

I really liked my OME coils and leafs with Bilstein 5100s. The ride was noticeably smoother.

Check cv boots for tears
Make sure you confirm you can get into 4wd
When was the timing belt/water pump done last if it’s a 3.4L
2.7L has a timing chain
Does it have an e locker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom