2002 highlander seats into an LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey folks. My drivers seat has moved all the forward and now won't move back. I've previously rebuilt the white gears and replaced the end cap, and all the other adjustments work fine.

I'm sort of done messing with it so wondering if anyone has successfully swapped a 2002 highlander seat in as a replacement. There is a reasonably priced set on Craigslist and I could kill two birds with one stone (the adjustment and getting a non-ripped seat) if they'll fit.

Just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

have not replaced seats...

but if you need to "manually" move the seats back to where you'd need them on a permanent basis, there's a video on youtube which shows a guy moved the seats back using a ratchet.

I did this as a temp fix for the passenger seat on my daughter's 80.

Would be very curious to hear whether you succeeded. Have a 2010 Highlander and 2011 LX, and haven’t checked the seats closely — I must admit, although I was checking the seats on a Sequoia versus the LX — and my gut tells me the Sequoia/Tundra/LC200/LX seats are interchangeable.

Black = 2011 LX570
Tan = 2018 Sequoia

4A0A121C-4ADC-4137-9CB3-2C90FEF135E8.jpeg

E6C4C5B2-A959-48AD-B2D0-707C0000276E.jpeg

If they can physically fit in the space, and they don't raise your seating height up too much, then yes, you can make just about any sit fit an 80 series. You just have to adapt it down to the LC's particularly narrow seat rails.

I didn't buy the highlander seats but am going to a local pick and pull to see about some of the swaps mentioned here on mud. The highlander seat rails were too wide to directly bolt in, so if I am going to fab something up I'm going to find a better set of seats. Will report back once I can figure it all out.

I want the heated/cooled seats out of a newish Ford Explorer. They cool with peltiers and work really well. My wife has them in a company car, they'd fit with custom brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom