SOLD 2000 Tacoma SR5 4x4, Northern AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Tacoma
Also Posted on local Craigslist.. but y'all seem more upstanding.

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Xtracab 4x4 (not the TRD model)
189,xxx miles
2.7 L 4 cyl DOHC engine (Timing chain, not a belt! Never needs to be touched)
5 spd manual transmission w/ 2 spd transfer case (2H, 4H, and 4L)
This truck is 100% manual- transmission, windows, locking hubs, etc.

Runs and drives strong around town, on highways, and on dirt roads. I have road-tripped all over the southwest with no problems, often using it as a base for camping. It will easily do 85 mph at ~3200 RPM. I can pull 25-30 MPG if I’m careful on slower highways.

Regularly serviced (oil changes, fluids, and other mechanical needs)
Silver/Grey Paint/Interior
Black Softopper Shell (convertible!)
Sprayed-in bed liner
Allpro Offroad Baja front Bumper w/ 3/16” skidplate and transmission cover, ¾” recovery shackles.
Baja Designs Fog/Driving LED lamps
Newly powder-coated 4runner wheels
Newer tires (BFGoodrich K02’s) 235/75/r15
Completely STOCK suspension geometry- 100% less likely to break than a lift!
2 years old complete front end rebuild (steering rack, control arms, shocks, struts, tie rods, cv axles and boots, manual locking hubs rebuilt)
2 years old leafs, shocks, and shackles in the rear
2.5” catback exhaust (no leaks)
Newer clutch (5 years old)

The engine is in very good condition. I replaced the water pump and thermostat 5 years ago. There was a slightly burnt valve that was pulled and replaced 3 years ago. During this repair the entire valvetrain was adjusted and a new exhaust manifold was put on.

At one point a crackhead cut out the stock catalytic converter with a sawzall (pretty common thing to happen unfortunately). I had a California-approved magnaflow system installed with a 2.5” catback SS exhaust installed to replace it. The larger diameter pipe helps with low-end torque.

This truck was rear ended in 2009 during my first few months of ownership. The other guy’s insurance paid to have a new bed put on and all necessary repairs done. That is why it says V6 on the tailgate emblem.

The driver’s seat has heavier wear than the passenger’s side. Small tears repaired. The seat is 100% functional still. Will include a cover for it.

The interior is in good condition. Cold A/C. All seat adjustments work as they should. Steering wheel adjustment works as it should. Visors are 100% operational. Rubber front floor mats for all weather conditions. Stock double-din AM/FM radio with CD and Cassette. I will include a cassette Bluetooth adapter for modern phones.

The exterior is in pretty good condition. There are a few small dents in the rear bumper as well as on the tailgate and bed. There are small rust spots as well. There is rock damage on the passenger side rocker from a previous owner.

I recently took the bed off and neutralized any rust aft of the cab and painted over with POR 15. This was a notorious area for rust and there was a factory recall which this truck never took a part of. The frame goes from fully boxed to a c-section here. I have pictures of the whole process. The frame had surface corrosion but nothing serious. I replaced a few wheel studs and nuts during this time as well.

Overall, this truck is a B+. Everything functions perfectly- it’s just a little rough around the edges. I’ve tried to keep it as close to stock as possible (w/ exception of the bumper/lights- a necessary upgrade IMO). It is still relatively low mileage, considering it is 20 years old. This would be a perfect platform for a more serious overlanding build, use as a daily driver, or even as a work truck. I am upgrading to a larger platform otherwise I doubt I’d ever sell it. Clean AZ title in hand.

I am asking $10,000 firm. First one with money in hand gets it. Contact to set up a contactless test drive and/or to ask any questions you may have. Email: maxhelm.motter@gmail.com

DSCF0350.JPG

DSCF0351.JPG

DSCF0353.JPG

DSCF0354.JPG

DSCF0355.JPG

I realize in hindsight that I should have provided better pics and less of a craigslist ad format... I'll get some better shots of engine and interior tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom