2000 taco lift or not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a 2000 TRD Tacoma with 105k on it. Runs great. Plan on keeping it for a few more years. It's my work rig, I don't wheel with it. It needs to be comfortable daily driver.

It needs new tires, shocks and my rear springs have been saggin, which would be a great time to lift it.

My question-

Should I spring for a lift or just go with oem replacements?

Can I expect to get similar (at least close) mileage out of aftermarket lift shocks?

Anybody running the OME 2.5 lift in their taco?

Thats really a decision you need to make. If you aren't planning on wheeling it, I'd go OEM replacements of it were me. You can find a nicely lifted Taco rides close to stock configuration, but oem is definitely going to ensure a comfortable ride.

Sorry, but sometimes what's goin on in my brain doesn't get to the keyboard very well.

My job takes me to some pretty nasty construction sites, class 4 unmaintained roads and thru some pretty heavy snow. So a lift wouldn't be totally useless.

Basically, I don't want to go with a lift if I only get 20,000 miles out of the components. I know my oem rear springs were pretty @&@&@&@&ty. I think I overloaded them within the first 5000 miles and they sagged pretty quick. The fronts started to float around 60-70k miles, so I know what to expect out of the stock stuff.

So, my real question should be what kind of mileage are you getting out of lift shocks and springs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom