200 series instrument cluster issue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently i bought a second hand 200 series 2015 v6 4.0l from Dubai, then i shipped to Sudan, The car was stored for a long time, when i bought everything was working properly. But when arrived to Sudan the instrument cluster not working. I've checked all fuses and everything is OK. I OBD2 shows everything is working fine, but the technicians said there's isolation done to wires due to humidity, but he can't trace it. I took the the to different technicians but they didn't know how to fix it.
The gauge not working are the following
Tachometer
Temperature
Oil pressure
Also i have the abs and airbag lights are on
4*4 not working
Diff lock not working
Gear lights on dashboard not working.
Can anyone help with this problem.

IMG-20201129-WA0021.jpg

It’s relatively easy to remove the dashboard and evaluate the connector behind it. Have you had this done?

Bad meter assembly? Per the wiring diagrams the fuel level and oil pressure are separate systems that feed the gauges, but speed, tach, etc are part of the CANbus data (speed comes from the skid control and I *think* the tech comes from the crankshaft position sensor which gets fed to the ECM along with engine temp). Seems odd that you'd lose oil pressure *and* speed/RPMs since those are 2 different sensors, I think. Then again I'm not 100% sure that the oil pressure *gauge* doesn't feed from a different system... perhaps the oil pressure and level sensors only trigger the warning lights? (in which case maybe it's a bad ECM?)

Wiring diagram below, screenshot from left to right if you want to try and paste it back together.

1609780155023.png

1609780186699.png

1609780212194.png

1609780247236.png

Recently i bought a second hand 200 series 2015 v6 4.0l from Dubai, then i shipped to Sudan, The car was stored for a long time, when i bought everything was working properly. But when arrived to Sudan the instrument cluster not working. I've checked all fuses and everything is OK. I OBD2 shows everything is working fine, but the technicians said there's isolation done to wires due to humidity, but he can't trace it. I took the the to different technicians but they didn't know how to fix it.
The gauge not working are the following
Tachometer
Temperature
Oil pressure
Also i have the abs and airbag lights are on
4*4 not working
Diff lock not working
Gear lights on dashboard not working.
Can anyone help with this problem.

View attachment 2543105
Hello my dear,

i have the same issue and i did dent find any solution, may i ask how you fix the problem?

regards from Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom