1kzte Circulating Block Heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on installing a Zerostart style circulating block heater, but having difficulty finding a low point to tap into the coolant. I've read some that have said robust the block drain below the oil cooler, but mine has a little drain spigot, not just a screw plug, and this would seem to not have enough flow. Anyone done this before? Thinking of using the coolant line for the throttle body, but that is a lot higher, and you want as much height difference as possible for these heaters that rely on convection for coolant circulation.

FB_IMG_1606630552995.jpg

how did that work out. I have a 1kze-te in my 1999 Toyota Hiace, and looking at block heater alternatives.

Lower rad hose type is also a simple alternative. Concept is drain coolant, identify area with enough space, cut hose, clamp unit in place, refill. Done. Need to be sized to hose inside dia, they look like this.

Amazon product ASIN B000CJJVFO
Much more compact install than larger canister looking 'circulating heater'. Its all Ive ever had for my 3L LN106, also used one with a 1HDT. Circulating heater is much faster, but if your leaving it plugged in overnight you won't know the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom