1HZ-T rebuild (ideally need shop near NC for the rebuild) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

Recently found a 1HZ-T at an auction and wanting to have both the engine and trans rebuilt as I was told they would need it. Not really handy or knowledgeable when it comes to vehicles/engines etc. I have a 1983 FJ60 I am wanting to drop the engine into.

Long story short, I need to find a shop that is capable of rebuilding a 1HZ-T but as I call around, it seems as though such an engine is pretty rare to come by. Any and all help would be greatly appreciate. Ideally a shop within a couple hours drive of North Carolina. Thanks

-T

can you return it? You probably thought you were getting a 1HDT like Mudgudeon has, but it's not the same. That an aftermarket turbo setup has been added AND that the engine needs to be rebuilt is a bad sign. Most Toyota shops in the USA have never even seen a Toyota diesel let alone a homebrew turbo diesel...if you must throw money at this, I'd start calling diesel repair shops.

Recently found a 1HZ-T

1HZ-T out of the factory is the proverbial unicorn shìt.
They were apparently only ever used in a small number of coaster buses.

It's must likely either a 1HD-T which was Toyota's 4.2 litre factory turbo diesel with direct injection.

Or a 1HZ that someone added a turbo to. 1HZ was the naturally aspirated, indirect 4.2 litre diesel workhorse.

Very similar motors that share a lot of parts, but there's stuff that's not interchangeable.

If you're going to rebuild a 1HZ to add a turbo, there's some parts you'd probably want to upgrade to ensure longevity.

Post some pics of the engine. They are easily identified.

Send a pic of the engine showing the top of the injectors and the feed lines from the pump and we'll tell you in 2 seconds if it's a 1HZ or a 1HDT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom