1hz normal oil usage (no turbo)?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have about 250,000km on my engine, just changed my oil after almost 11,000km and it did not use any oil. At least from what is noticeable on the dipstick. Oh, and that is with a turbo as well.

If you find you are using oil, I would suggest that if there are no engine leaks, to perhaps look at putting a catch can on the valve cover breather to see if that is where it is losing some. I wouldn't worry too much if you only use a litre between changes, but once it starts going above that, you could start with checking compression, then the usual suspect - the head. Hope this helps!

0 oil use in a 70K and 5K km 1HZ. I think I would not be too far off to say that’s Toyota standard…

0 oil use in a 70K and 5K km 1HZ. I think I would not be too far off to say that’s Toyota standard…
So I want to ask how much oil you 1hz i using? What is normal and what would be considered too much?
I am running a HZJ75 (with 1HZ and aftermarket turbo) and about 400.000 km. I would say 1 liter every 4000-5000 km. Oil/filter change at 10.000 km. BTW, this is my second HZJ75 and I am driving a HZJ75 from the year 2003 until now and always about the same oil usage. Always using cheap oil (semi synthetic 10W40).

So I consider this as normal.

Never did a compression test. The engine always starts within a fraction of a second (typical for a healthy 1HZ), no matter the conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom