1HZ diesel and 5spd for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sold.

I'll start this in it's own thread because it's likely to bring some discussion that's useful to all.

I have a 1HZ with 5spd transmission and vacuum split transfercase for sale straight from Japan.
I imported two engines at the same time because I wasn't sure which I felt like using. After measuring the 1HZ, it will be too long to run A/C and an intercooler in front of the radiatior, so I'm moving on with the 13BT that I'm keeping.
The 1HZ is said to have low km's, although it was a take out motor so I can't verify that. It is from a very reliable source, so I wasn't worried about buying it. It appears to be pretty clean, but I have not done any compression tests or other tests on the motor at this time. It's missing the shifters, alternator, and the a/c compressor, but for most swaps this won't matter. The rest of the accessories are 24V and would need to be converted. No big deal. Price is $4,800 as is. I'm in North Carolina and could deliver within short range, but you will need a hoist to get it off the trailer.

Last edited:
All I can say is sweet. Wish i had a job so i could aford something like this, could go in the 45 right now.

Good luck with it man.

I haven't exactly compared this to my 2F, but it looks very similar in size. The whole assembly is close to 6' long. The big difference between the two will be the extra length of the 5th gear on the transmission. Most people conclude that it will fit in a 40, but the rear driveshaft will be pretty short. What I'm not sure of is how well it may clear the stock steering box. The starter is on the same side, so it be very tight if it does in fact clear.
The vacuum shifter will not clear the frame, so you will need to convert the vacuum front drive to manual shift.

How will this fit in a 60? Im currently having a 2f remanned, but they are gerking me all over the place and it has been about a month with no calls, and when I call, they get pissed!? I dont know a whole lot about engines, but may be interested.

Sold

Well.....No. It's still in my garage with the rest of the drivetrain. He did mention that he was going to sell it because he already had a transfer. Why, you want it?
Shoot dieselbigot a PM and ask him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom