1HD-FT Glow Screen timer/max time for glow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rock40, Did you ever get this sorted out? Any idea how many amps the system draws? I'm looking to replace my burned out pre-heater solenoid with an aftermarket one since the OEM's are so pricey but I'm not sure what amperage to target. Thanks!

Well, I have some more testing to do. I'm thinking this circuit has the ability to pull 75 amps or so and my 50 amp fuse immediately blew. Also, I'm not sure the timer has the ability to hold enough voltage long enough to keep the Toyota relay closed. I'm still looking into this

No, I got distracted with a ton of other projects but I'd love to have this done by this winter. It's close actually. I need to increase the size of the primary wire to the glow screen. I suspect it's pulling 75-100 amps easy

I haven't ever found an answer as to what they are SUPPOSED to pull, but I have been looking, as I believe mine to possibly not be working correctly.

The intake heater in my 95hdj81 pulls up to 190A initially, but drops to around 130A after a handful of seconds, probably as the supply wire heats up as its nowhere big enough for that much load. I think it is incorrect, and may have been what killed my alternator, as even the replacement unit from a Sequoia is stressed by it.

I haven't been running the intake heater for a while now, and it's fine most of the time, but it's also not a daily driver and lives in a heated garage. Only problems have been when parked outside on any winter days below -15c. Would still start, but an awful rough, horrendously smoky idle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom