Builds 1996 HZJ75 Land Cruiser Pickup (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will
I cant believe what you have so far done to the pickup in this short time. Bravo Bravo.. keep up the great work.
Thank you! Working hard to get it baselined!

The mirrors that came on the truck were about to fall off. The driver’s side was held together with duct tape. And the passenger’s side was scavenged from a power-mirror 79 truck.

I installed new mirrors this evening before the wife and I went out to dinner.

62572682-A060-4769-8-A33-0-CC4-DFEC1-D4-A.jpg

470-BD272-83-C5-4840-A311-AE5-B23-C27156.jpg

The plan is to drop the transmission this weekend so I can install a new rear main seal.

I did not get as far as I wanted today, but I did get the winch removed. I will hopefully drop the transmission tomorrow.

C1-B845-C5-851-C-4-A1-A-9855-9-D406-A15-B019.jpg

EBE9-BEEA-2-DBB-4-A37-B77-D-A0-BF21-CE73-B6.jpg

Also, shameless plug - the PTO bumper and winch setup is for sale here.

Last edited:
I did not get as far as I wanted today, but I did get the winch removed. I will hopefully drop the transmission tomorrow.

C1-B845-C5-851-C-4-A1-A-9855-9-D406-A15-B019.jpg

EBE9-BEEA-2-DBB-4-A37-B77-D-A0-BF21-CE73-B6.jpg

Also, shameless plug - the PTO bumper and winch setup is for sale here.
Willing to buy your PTO bumper and winch.
I live in ATX. Have cash. Can transact today (Monday)

Whoa... ditching the PTO winch... didn't see that coming.
Wish I had seen it listed sooner and had the coin.
Yeah, it’s just way too long to fit in my garage.

Well, I pulled the seats and vinyl floor mat out to disconnect the shifter and fully inspect the floor pans. They just resprayed everything.

Disappointed to find some rust on the driver’s side floor board. It looked like bubbling/puckering with paint over it. But used a brass wire brush to knock some of it loose. Some spots go all the way through the floor. Suggestions on how to get this down to bare metal for repair? Wire brush on a drill?

C6-B04-B53-D089-41-A6-9-CB7-FDABEA840857.jpg

A55-FDAA5-A1-EC-411-D-AB65-8-A41-A5-A0895-E.jpg

Get it to bare metal......use Master Series silver.....you can mix in a little chopped fiberglass to help fill in the pinholes(put tape under them first).....you'll seal up that rust for the rest of time.

Wire wheel or if you want to get fancy, these type of paint/rust removers (not necessarily this exact product) are awesome. They burn up quick so buy a couple:

51uUeuELSKL._AC_.jpg
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for.
Just curious, is the bulk of the rust where you would estimate the heel of a shoe would rest?
No, it’s mostly on the tops of the floor pan ribbing. And down at the edge of the door jamb. Looks kinda like something spilled and was absorbed by the jute backing.
Get it to bare metal......use Master Series silver.....you can mix in a little chopped fiberglass to help fill in the pinholes(put tape under them first).....you'll seal up that rust for the rest of time.

Thank you! I will take a look at it.

I'm a Master Series convert. It's amazing stuff. The layer it forms is impenetrable.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for.

No, it’s mostly on the tops of the floor pan ribbing. And down at the edge of the door jamb. Looks kinda like something spilled and was absorbed by the jute backing.

Thank you! I will take a look at it.

That is more than likely what happened. Once something spills they don't pull up the mat to help it dry... and especially if the brake or clutch master ever oozed down there, it's a recipe for rust.

My Terrain Tamer HDJ78 oversized radiator kit came in. I’ll do another coolant flush with the old radiator in place before installing.

F7650-CA4-4-D23-428-D-A67-E-B2-E9-F70-DCAD5.jpg

E08-A37-D7-2410-472-D-B181-83396-C6-A06-DD.jpg

825-CB08-A-5632-4-FFA-8-F2-E-CBA038-CFBE95.jpg

More info here:

Your bank account must be draining fast.

There’s a guy on IG with an account dedicated to his 7x series. His handle is “DeepMoneyPit”. Can relate.

There’s a guy on IG with an account dedicated to his 7x series. His handle is “DeepMoneyPit”. Can relate.

So can I........

Anyways I am enjoying your thread so far. Great progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom