SOLD 1995 4Runner - 3.4 Swap'd - 4x4 - 5 Spd - ATL GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife says the 4Runner / Truck collection has gotten out of hand and that I must cut some so I may build an 80.

1995 (2nd Gen) Toyota 4Runner that started life as a 3.0 V6 Auto Limited. It was once owned by a little old lady that just didn't care for the 3.0 (3.slow) properly so the motor blew it's guts. My buddy got the truck with a dead motor and decided to perform major surgery on the poor girl (car, not little old lady). He sourced a new much healthier heart for it. This heart (3.4) had only just begun to beat with only 5000 miles on it.

He did the transplant along with a 5 Speed swap and a complete overhaul of everything below the body. To include, new bearings, seals, ball joints, tie rods, bushings, etc. Basically making this truck practically new again.

He put barely 50K miles on the truck before his son rolled the cab (D Pillar) back into a tree (see picture of rear right panel "D Pillar"). He just never saw the truck the same again so I ended up with it and had planned to do a Solid Axle Swap.

I've driven the truck daily for around 10K miles, hate to sell it but I'm wanting to build an 80 so gotta sell off a couple of the extra trucks.

The truck drives great. I'd get in it today and drive her to CA with no hesitation. It's not the most cosmetically beautiful truck around but with a little love could be an awesome weekend wheeler / daily driver.

Asking: SOLD - Deposit received - 7-23-2017

I'm open to all realistic CASH offers. Would just like to see the truck go to a good home. I'd keep her and continue building it but really need the 3rd row option I can get with an 80.

Just to recap:

- 3.4 Motor Swap
- Motor has under 70K on it. It was sourced from a rolled 4Runner that only had 5K on it.
- 5 Speed Swap with factory clutch components.
- Only synthetic fluids have ever been used in truck since the swap including: Motor, Transmission, X-fer Case, and Differentials.
- The complete steering / front end was rebuilt during the swap including: tie rods (inner and outer), ball joints (upper and lower), bearings, seals, pitman, idler arm, CV Axles, etc.
- Rear axle has all new (under 30K) bearings and seals.
- Like new BJF All Terrains (33 x 10.5 x 15)
- Most parts are factory Toyota

- All windows work. Has a factory Sunroof that works. The rear window still works without issue even with the little mishap to the D Pillar. Front windshield has a crack but doesn't affect drivers vision so I never worried about it.

- I have a parts 4Runner that can be used to replace the D Pillar. The parts 4Runner also has the factory rear tire carrier that could be swapped over to this truck.

This 4Runner is not your average 2nd Gen.

20170516_172025.jpg
20170516_171636.jpg
20170516_171628.jpg
20170516_171615.jpg
20170516_171601.jpg

Last edited:
20170516_172025.jpg
20170516_171636.jpg
20170516_171628.jpg

Last edited:
Bump. Open to offers and discussing options.

Sweet truck. Any idea on the cost to replace that pillar?

Thanks. I have no idea as I never cared much about it. It's purely cosmetic. With a SAS and some mean tires it'd look as if it belonged there. Then you could just make up some cool big fish type of a tail about how it happened. :p

SOLD - Deposit received - 7-23-2017

It'd be hard to do a swap, buy the tires and also do the 5 speed swap for that price. If it don't start getting some sales traffic soon I'll start parting it out.

Last edited:
SOLD - Deposit received - 7-23-2017 - Thanks Easyeatlanta

Now I can start the 80 insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom