1991 RHD 1HDT hdj81 Power Side MIrrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for help with the power mirrors in my 1991 HDJ81 from japan. VX, with the power folding mirrors from factory. They stopped working sometime this year, both the folding function (worked iffy at best before) but the adjustment worked and now it doesnt. I checked the switch, no power but i have ground at 2 of the pins. I read the clock, cigi lighter, and antenna are all off the cig fuse which is fine. The only thing currently not working is the cigi lighter (i blew the fuseible link on it directly behind it, but rewired that to be a voltage meter, which isnt working right now, cant remember if i plugged it in or not after installing some gauges in the truck). im wondering if the cigi lighter not working could affect the mirrors? id be surprised if Toyota daisy chained such things other than at the fuse block. will check this though. Im prettty good at electrical diagnostics but without a good schematic short of pulling the harness out im hooped.

does anyone have a wiring schematic for this year? everything i find is for a USDM>

Looking for help with the power mirrors in my 1991 HDJ81 from japan. VX, with the power folding mirrors from factory. They stopped working sometime this year, both the folding function (worked iffy at best before) but the adjustment worked and now it doesnt. I checked the switch, no power but i have ground at 2 of the pins. I read the clock, cigi lighter, and antenna are all off the cig fuse which is fine. The only thing currently not working is the cigi lighter (i blew the fuseible link on it directly behind it, but rewired that to be a voltage meter, which isnt working right now, cant remember if i plugged it in or not after installing some gauges in the truck). im wondering if the cigi lighter not working could affect the mirrors? id be surprised if Toyota daisy chained such things other than at the fuse block. will check this though. Im prettty good at electrical diagnostics but without a good schematic short of pulling the harness out im hooped.

does anyone have a wiring schematic for this year? everything i find is for a USDM>

Download Repair manual for chassis and body above.

Search in document for "power mirror"

There's also full EWD in that manual

It's NOT a full EWD in the manual. The FSM sucks because it doesn't have all the connectors and junction location information you actually need to do anything functional. You need the real, full EWDs: EWD090F is the main one with EWD114F the supplemental for these rigs. Unfortunately they are not scanned anywhere yet but I have both of them so let me know if the FSM EWD isn't enough. EWD090F is worth buying, if you can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom