1991 Hilux Surf For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

My Hilux Surf is now for sale. I'm trying to get the $$ together to buy a Land Cruiser and the Surf is being sold to help accomplish this.

It has the 2L-TE engine. As far as I know, it has the original head, but it may have been replaced before I bought it. The reason I say this is because my wife and I took it through the Kootenay Mountains and up and down the Coquihalla (repeatedly) last summer with no problems. For those of you from British Columbia you will know that there are some big hills. The dealer I bought it from did confirm that the coolant was changed in Japan shortly before it was shipped to Canada.

I did have an issue with the RPM sensor in the fuel pump when it got below -5C or so, which caused starting problems. I've since replaced that part, however (thank you NiftyNev if you're out there!!), and now it starts easily at -20C. I've also replaced all of the soft fuel lines from the tank to the injectors, put in a high mount LED brake light, added Sony CD player with a CD pocket for the double DIN gap and added a Sirius satellite radio plug / FM switch (so you can plug in your Sirius radio and listen to it without static if you're so inclined).

Anyway, the full details are:

1991 Toyota Surf 2.4L Turbo Diesel - RHD
84,500 kms.
Automatic with overdrive and ECT ("sport") mode. Push button high/low 4WD.
A/C, power windows with driver's side auto up and down, power locks, power mirrors, tilt steering, adjustable suspension, off road/fog lights with high and low beam, Sony CD player, Sirius satellite radio FM switch, roof rack, great all-terrain tires and altimeter/clinometer. Very clean.
Have added high mount LED brake light, PIAA LED marker bulbs and Hella air horn.

Asking $10,500.00 (CAN) or best offer.

I'm located in Vernon, BC, Canada.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me or send me an email at max_ruessmann@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
37d6_20.JPG
374d_20.JPG
3814_20.JPG

Bump.

Obviously still not sold. I should add to the above info that I replaced the glow plugs last winter. Also, since the last post we've put on another 2,000 kms driving to and from Vancouver a couple of times.

Anyway, we are planning on building a home and starting a family, so if I can't sell this truck in the next little while I can kiss my dreams of owning an HDJ81 goodbye as I suspect my :princess: will change her mind once we start making those mortgage payments!

So... I'm motivated and the price is negotiable. If you're interested, make me a reasonable offer!

Email: max_ruessmann@hotmail.com

Thank you!

PS- some better pictures now attached.
015-1.jpg
015-2.jpg
015-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom