1990 FJ62 - Lansing, MI - $3500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all. I unfortunately have to sell my beloved LandCruiser. I just had this on eBay, but the winning bidder didn't actually have the money for even the deposit.

It's got under 144,000 miles. I've had it the last 12 years, and has no off-road time.

In 2004 I replaced the fenders and had it repainted. All of the trim was removed and the doors painted individually, so it was not just a quick spray job. I also had the radiator recored, put on KYB MonoMax shocks, stripped out the interior and cleaned each piece, took off cleaned and painted the metal pieces in the engine compartment black, and detailed all of the exterior trim pieces. I wire-brushed all the scale off the frame and underside and painted it with an underbody paint (not rustproofing), but this is now flaking and the surface scale returning. The frame is solid.

The air conditioning blows cold, all the lights and gages work, and there is no rust on the floor pans or cargo area. There is a complete set of extra tires with lots of tread that are on plain steel wagon wheels that I use during the winter so the original chrome ones don't rust. I put in a new 800 CCA battery in January and there is a block heater for cold mornings. It runs and shifts smoothly.

She still looks sharp, but there are a few rust spots that have formed or are bubbling under the paint. These include the rear quarters behind the rear tires (through), the lower corners of some of the doors, and along the roof rail mainly on the back.
The exhaust needs to be replaced from behind the catalytic converter back to the tailpipe

5a17_12.JPG

6ed2_12.JPG

a273_12.JPG

611e_12.JPG

(That's ice melting off, not fluids.)

Here's the original eBay auction with more details:
eBay Motors: Toyota : Land Cruiser (item 120246188689 end time Apr-19-08 10:48:27 PDT)

There are more pictures here:
90fj62 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Call me at (517) 667-0914 or e-mail me at leeda@michigan.gov with any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom