SOLD 1989 Celica GT-S Liftback 3S-GE 5 Speed Manual (Ga) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really hate to do it, but I have too many cars and feel like I am doing more to maintain my fleet than enjoy them. I have driven this car from Georgia to Canada and back twice. It's rust free and has been gone through from front to back. True mileage is unknown. It reads over 300,000 miles on the odometer, but the engine and transmission have been replaced.

I want to find it a good home. I almost sold it recently and my stomach dropped. Honestly I won't get my money back out of it and I'll lose a solid commuter / back up car. It's almost not worth getting rid of it for the $2500 I am asking...... but it would be a perfect car for a new driver or for someone that wants a little fast car. If I can find a solid buyer that will love it I'll let it go. I honestly believe it will run well for many more years without issues.

I just drove it from Georgia to D.C. and back in March to close on a house. I did ten hours, signed the paperwork, and then drove back ten hours. It ran perfect. No leaks, no issues.

I have had this car since around 2012 if I recall correctly. Funny story is I knew this car all the back from 2000 when my friend owned it and randomly saw it on craigslists one day.

I purchased it for $600 with a dented front fender, a starter issue, and some other small problems.

I replace all the engine seals, rack and pinion, cv axles, fuel pump, rebuilt the starter, and then had it resprayed to freshen up the paint in 2012-2013 time frame. Approximately $2000 for all this. I also put an inline ignition booster based on Celica forums guidance. After the starter was rebuilt I was getting intermittent starting issues; adding this inline capacitor resolved the issue.

I replaced all the A/C components (compressor, expansion valve, dryer, etc. ) It has been blowing ice cold for years.

I put new wheels and tires on it and changed the exhaust. It is much deeper now and sounds great, but I'll be honest, it is kind of loud at highway speeds. I have contemplated going back to stock to reduce noise.

I pulled the entire interior and put down a sound deadening mat. The interior is super clean. I will try to find some photos. It has the original Toyota stereo still! It's old school, but works perfect. I replaced the electric antenna too.

Recently I replaced a power steering line, a coolant hose, and the clutch. I also swapped a JDM S54 transmission. These are much stronger than the S53 and the reason I swapped it was because it kept popping out of 5th gear with the original transmission. I didn't have time so I had my friend's shop change the clutch so I should have a receipt for all this and I think it was around $1500.

The car does excellent on gas. I get from the mid 20s to low 30s mpg depending on how you drive it. I am wanting to say I get 27 mpg on average, but I'll have to check.

In addition to what you see I am also including a brand new set of tires and the original solid white Toyota wheels.

I'm out of town until July, but wanted to post this up ahead of time since my window to sell is small.

Full OCD disclosure:

No leaks from the sunroof. The rear tail lights need to be resealed. They don't leak into the light, but will make the back damp if in a down pour. Very minimal.

Grill has one place that is cracked and it has been glued back together (hard to tell and has been like that since I got it).

I changed the sunroof switch from the original because it broke. It will could use some type of housing, but overall it looks good.

When sitting for a few weeks it will puff a little smoke, then clears up.

PRICE :

$2500.00

2016-09-09 15.06.54.jpg

Last edited:
Another photo I found that helps show how clean it is. Interior is same condition as exterior. It was well loved for over the years.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 8.20.12 PM.png

I have one potential buyer in front of you, but here are a couple of photos. It's the cleanest Celica I've seen.
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Bump for a sweet little commuter that is very fun to drive. I would trust it to go anywhere and if anyone in Virginia is interested I can drive it back up from Georgia end of the first week in September. You'd be hard pressed to find another car in this price range with as much work done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom