For Sale 1987 Toyota 4runner SR5 - $6200 Fort Worth, Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with two previous owners, in my possession for the past 12 years. Original condition with original paint that still cleans up well. 310k miles.

This truck is a 22re 4cylinder, 5speed, 4x4. Runs strong, gets 20mpg, and doesn't smoke. Timing chain replaced at 260k. New head gasket at 260k. Rebuilt transmission at 200k due to 4th gear synchronizer going out. Differential, transmission, transfer case and engine oil changed regularly. Brand new Cooper AT3 tires, 31x10.5x15. Added coils to rear axle for added payload. New headlights, LED interior lights, and recent ignition switch replacement. Optima Red Top battery. The rear window works excellently. Kenwood Stereo with remote.

This truck is 30 years old, was never abused, but it does have dings and scratches. This is a lifelong Texas truck without rust.

The brakes need attention, I think a caliper is leaking, I haven't looked at it yet.
Rounded off transmission fill plug. Fluid is at correct, measured level.
One CV axle boot is split.
The A/C needs a charge. Since I've owned it, I would charge it every 3-4 years. It went out last summer.

I'm a family man now, and recently purchased a UZJ100. Would love to keep this, but I just don't drive it, and I don't want to see it sit. This truck has never let me down or left me stranded.

Asking $6,200, best offer, or possible trades. Price negotiable as I want this fine vehicle to go to someone who will appreciate it.

Thank you,
Andrew

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Too red, too ugly, too much, too stock? Help me out gents, I've been reading this forum for a decade and need some feedback. Thanks!

Too red for me. I could stomach the exterior, but you'll need a special buyer for the red interior.

Is the paint a stock color or a darker re-spray?

At any rate, first gens that sell for more that $3-$4K are generally either 1) tastefully built or 2) low mile original trucks in desireable color combinations.

Just 2 cents from me...I've been following 1st gens for sale here and on Craig's and such for a good 6 years. Good luck!

My 1987 4Runner had that blood red interior. It grows on you. Wish I still had that one. Good luck with the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom