1987 K5 blazer, 3/4 ton axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First off let me say i'm posting this for a friend, but it might as well be part mine cuz he always asks me to help work on it.... "hey bryan you have time to put on a lift this weekend?" "you have time to swap axles this weekend" "wanna help me look at it in the parking lot when i should be out wheeling?"

highlights:
1987 K5 blazer
3/4 ton axles
runs strong
asking $7500

contact
sgaither (at) gmail (dot) com

anyway, below is the text he sent me. pictures are available here, he's going to be getting me some axle and engine shots in the next day or two

87 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Dark Silver, Silverado package, loaded, power everything, AC

Powertrain: TBI injected 350 Chevy small block, Edelbrock Performer heads*** and intake manifold, Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers, K&N air filter, Magnaflow exhaust, Optima battery, 700r4 automatic transmission, B&M transmission cooler w/ electric fan, and Summit Racing aluminum tranny pan.

Axles/Brakes: Custom disk brake converted 8-lug GM 14 bolt full-float rear axle w/ Cadillac Elderado calipers and Detroit Locker w/ 4.10 gears, ¾ ton Dana 44 8-lug front axle w/ Detroit Tru Trac limited slip posi differential, Superior chrome moly shafts, Superlift manual hubs, and 4.10 gears, extended length front/rear Pro Comp stainless braided brake lines, and new pads all around.

Suspension: 4 inch front/ 5 inch rear Superlift all spring suspension lift w/ extended Ford shock towers and Rancho 9000 14-inch travel 9-way adjustable shocks up front and Pro Comp shocks in rear, and Skyjacker dual shock steering stabilizer. Off-Road Designs extended front shackles, grease-able poly bushings all around, and bolt-in steering box brace.

Exterior/Tires/Wheels: Super Swamper SSR 35x12.5 tires on Pro Comp Xtreme 1079 polished aluminum 16x10 wheels w/ full size spare, Front and rear dual 100-watt Pro-Comp fog lights, chrome front grill, Smittybilt chrome step bars, class-4 trailer hitch, and external hinge style spare tire carrier.

Interior: Silverado package w/ power everything, new carpet, carpet pad, and Dynamat throughout, custom vinyl rear panels, Smittybilt center console w/ 4 extra cup holders, new dash pad, and billet trim throughout.

Stereo: Custom stereo to prevent loss of space w/ 2- 10 inch Image Dynamics subs, 3-way custom kick panels in front with Image Dynamics speakers, and Image Dynamics rear speakers. Pioneer CD/MP3 player w/ IPOD hookup that charges, Arc Audio 5 channel amplifier, and lightening audio wiring throughout. Custom alarm.

The truck is running great with the Edelbrock heads and intake having less than 1500 miles on them. Most sensors have been recently replaced. The interior is in perfect shape and the alarm works great…will unlock/lock doors and roll down the rear window with the remote. The windshield needs replaced and the rear window will be needing it soon also (have all brand new gaskets for the rear). The paint is in pretty good shape with a straight body and very few nicks. The fiberglass shell needs repainted along with the tailgate. The truck has been in my family its whole life and only has 145k miles on it. Asking $7500 o.b.o.

****comment added by baldredhead: apparently the truck overheated years ago while under the ownership of my buddy's dad. the head gasket "blew" but not bad, consuming a little coolant. as this was never a daily driver it wasn't repaired. about 3 months ago the heads were pulled with the intention of just replacing the head gasket. in a fit of "while i'm here" retardation summit racing was contacted and presto change-o there are now edelbrock heads and intake on the truck. all smog legal for wonderfull CARB compliance. compression on all cylinders is over 180

it doesn't overheat, cuz that was addressed when he put in a new radiator a few years ago.

also, i think the in-tank fuel pump crapped out about 5 years ago and was replaced, along with the fuel sender and the tank itself

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom