1985 BJ 70 For Sale, U.S. Title (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has regrettably come that I MUST sell my 1985 Land Cruiser BJ 70. Life changes and dictates this sale. I have owned this rig since 2003 and am the second owner, previous owner was William Sauter, former owner of Sauter Toyota in Sante Fe, New Mexico. This vehicle was legally imported into the U.S. and currently has an Oregon title. It came from middle part of Alberta in the high desert and therefore does not suffer from extreme rust. Prior to this I have owned 4 FJ40’s, a FJ55, and a BJ 60, my experience with cruisers and Toyota’s as a whole runs deep. Countless hours and over $25K have been invested. Great pride has been taken in my BJ 70 and I thought that I would never sell it, well times change, I bought a house in the mountains and purchased a new John Deere tractor to service the property and make it through the winters. It breaks my heart to see it go, but life happens. Would like to see it go the mud community, but will be listing on ebay in a week. It is not perfect and I am going to be direct as to its condition. All work has been done by me, except the front bumper and snorkel. Has air conditioning. All receipts are available.

SPECS

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ 70
LHD, Canadian Spec

Engine:
3B w/ 238,000 KMS
AXT Turbo w/ Intercooler.
Oil Cooler
Air Conditioning
Double alternators for 165 Amps
2 Optima Red Tops
Valves Adjusted every 15 ,000 KMS
Oil changed every 4,000 KMS, w/ only Toyota filters and Delo 15W-40
Filtermag on oil Filter
K+N Air Filter, cleaned and oiled every 4,000 KMS

Air Conditioning:
Complete climate control system from Hot Rod air out of Selma, TX.
Sanden 508, 3 horsepower draw.
Dehumidified defrost.

Cooling System (All Replaced in 3/2007)
Northern Radiator Aluminum 26”x19”x3.5” Double pass
Northern Radiator Electric Fan with matched shroud, 2400 CFM, thermostatically controlled, and toggle switch.
Coolant Filter
Factory Toyota Water Pump (3/2007)
All hosed replaced in 3/2007.
HOOD LOUVERS- these kick ass! Lowered running temp by 15 degrees.
She runs cool on the hottest days of summer!

Tansmission/ TCASE:
H55F 5spd.
Rebuilt transfer case in March of 2006 by Toyota of Bend Oregon, utilizing only factory parts.
ALL New Ujoints in November 2007

Axles:
Stock with 3.73 gears. Front axle Knuckle rebuild, w/ inner axle seals in May 2007. Complete Brake Job and wheel bearing and seals, Stainless Steel brake hoses, all in May 2007

Steering:
Heavy duty D.O.M. Tie Rods, with FJ80 Rod ends, made by Sky MFG in Eugene, OR.

Suspension:
Front Shackle reversal w/ FJ62 rear springs.
Rear: modded Chevy 63” ¾ ton springs.
Trailmaster Nitrogen charged SSV shocks (July 2007)
Energy Suspension bushings (July 2007)
Front and rear Sway bars, front has disconnects.

Wheels/Tires:
BF Goodrich 33x12.5x15 on black rockcrawler rims. 85% Tread.

Interior
Toyota tundra seats with foldable arm rests. Raptor Truck bed liner, Durakool sound deadening insulation. Autometer Gauges. Sony XPlod stereo system. Rear FJ40 jump seats. Good Carpet and headliner.

Body:
As we can all see it needs paint. It has been stripped and carefully prepped with the por15 system with their UV protective paint over the bottom coat on 80% of the body.
Small dent in on rear door. The only rust I have ever found on this truck was in the rocker panels, which have been replaced with OEM ones, and on the Passenger side rear wheel, which has been cut out and precisely replaced with a piece of 16 gauge steel. There is no body filler anywhere! The front windshield has a crack and 4 rock chips.

Everything works, including the rear defrosted and front and rear windshield washers.

Bumpers/ETC:
Set up from warn multimount which with front and rear receiver hitches. Stout bumpers and rear tire carrier. Winch is available for an additional $1200

Mud Board price: $16,750.00 Firm . Winch add $1200
Mary consider part trade for a Tacoma 4 cylinder 4x4.
Email rk41stout@yahoo.com
Located near Ashland, Oregon
Sale Crap 011.jpg
Sale Crap 012.jpg
Sale Crap 017.jpg

Last edited:
bump I gotta sell it!:beer:

email sent

Hard to Find

bump, come on guys, we all know how hard it is to find a rust free BJ70 with a LEGAL U.S. Title:cheers:

New Price

New Price 14k, I just bought a 31k tractor and selling the Bj70 would be helpful. There are offers on the table, grab it before someone else. I hate to see it go but the time has come!

Payment Sent.

If you can, stop by Austin the way. We have a sweet BJ70 owned by spallet, as well as the most diesel Cruisers in any other place in Texas. Would love to see it!

Also, there is a FJ70 in Dallas.

Cheers,
Jason

SOLD!, But very, very sad to see it go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom