1984 Bj73 Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone, Been MIA for a while due to some family illness, i always wanted to change the front seats of my 70 series, but didn't know where to start, now that i am committed i was wondering if any of you guys have gotten a more comfortable front seats? any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated! Thank you So much!

It took me a long time to get Scheel-mann due to the price but I am glad I did it now. They are way, way, way better than OEM seats once I got them mounted properly and dialed in. I only bought one seat at first to make sure I would like it and I ended up buying one for passenger side.

If you have suspension bases like I do, it takes a bit of trial and error to get them mounted to your taste.

Honestly the price isn't that high in comparison to all the other accessories, upgrades, and aftermarket parts I see people spend among the 70 series crowd. I guess it is an question of what takes more priority when the cost goes into thousands when buying stuff.

Corbeau seats seems to be another option of a somewhat lesser cost depending how you spec those out.

If you don't mind the race car look of the Bride seats, there are plenty of direct bolt on options for suspension and non-suspension since they are a Japanese company and make products for many JDM cruiser applications. I used modified Bride rails between my Scheel-mann and suspension bases, the mounting dimensions were almost the same.

Last edited:
Thank you! Am leaning towards Scheel-mann, I don’t mind the price when it comes to comfort, the only thing that has me thinking it’s what’s the best option for mount it, my OEM seats aren’t suspensión so am guessing it should be a little easier.

After owning both Scheelmann and Recaro seats I still prefer the Recaro Expert seat over the Scheelman Vario as it gives me a more relaxed fit especially on longer drives , I am 6'2 and about 240lb

After owning both Scheelmann and Recaro seats I still prefer the Recaro Expert seat over the Scheelman Vario as it gives me a more relaxed fit especially on longer drives , I am 6'2 and about 240lb
Thank you for your reply! Which rails did you use? Thank you so much for your time

Thank you for your reply! Which rails did you use? Thank you so much for your time
Universal rails that I just modify to fit , next set of Recaro’s will probably go on suspension bases .

There are rails sold in Japan market for Recaro to suspension base. No modification needed.

There are rails sold in Japan market for Recaro to suspension base. No modification needed.
I have a set of scheelmann which were in my 70 which I sold. Great seats but I have no further use for them. less than a year in my cruiser before I sold it. PM me if you're interested

I have a set of scheelmann which were in my 70 which I sold. Great seats but I have no further use for them. less than a year in my cruiser before I sold it. PM me if you're interested

Thank you but I have a set. I bet someone else here will inquire about them though.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom