For Sale 1983 Mercedes 300TD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My car was recently totalled, so we're selling our other cars to put towards the purchase of my next vehicle.

This is our 1983 Mercedes 300TD turbodiesel wagon. This was my wife's daily driver for a number of years. As you can see in the pictures, it only has 167,000 miles on what is widely considered a 500,000 mile engine. I don't know the full history of this vehicle, but the previous owner brought it here from Portland, and I believe he may have had it in Florida before that.

It's a real looker - my wife would have people honking at her (car) daily, and the few times I drove it, I even had kids run up to it and say what a cool car it was.

I'll try to list everything I can about it. Here's what I know:

• MB Tex interior looks fantastic - no rips, tears or wear spots.
• 167,000 miles, give or take as we do still occasionally drive it.
• All the chrome is beautiful
• Roof rack cross bars are stored in the cargo area
• Also comes with wind screens for the rear passenger windows - I have never seen anyone talk about these on any other 300TD before.
• Come with 4 all season tires on steel wheels with painted tristar hubcaps
• Also comes with the standard alloy wheels (all 4) two of which have snow tires on them. This car is fantastic in the snow!
• Paint still shines nicely, though there are some nicks and scratches (see the pictures)
• There are a couple of rust spots on the front valence and one by the trim on the PS front door.
• Brakes are fantastic (four wheel disc) - stops smoothly, easily with no vibration.
• The vacuum locking system that is commonly broken on these still works just fine
• The dash is crack-free
• Come with a gorgeous shift knob - it must be after market, but it matches the wood trim so well, I'm not sure.
• Aftermarket stereo was installed, but I still have the original AM/FM unit if you want to go back to stock.
• Power antenna mast is broken, but the antenna still works. When you turn the car on and off, you can still hear it extending and retracting, so it just needs a new $20 mast.
• Sunroof works great - doesn't leak at all.
• Heater works, but AC could use a recharge.
• Probably the bigest issue you'll be concerned with is that the gas gauge doesn't function. I did have the mechanic check it out, and the gauge itself is fine - its the fuel sender in the tank that needs to be replaced.
• New hatch shock was installed so it will stay open now, even in cold weather
• Always starts up - it was sitting in our garage for the last 5 months, and it fired up the first time a couple weeks ago when we went to start it after the snow melted.
• Spare tire is in the back, and 2 sets of lug nuts (for both sets of wheels) are in with the spare
• First aid kit is stocked
• All lights work, all turn signals work
• The self leveling suspension that originally came in these was removed and replaced with a coil spring/strut suspension. The SLS is something that commonly goes bad and is extremely expensive to fix, but now you'll only have to deal with replacing the shocks.
• Rubber fuel lines were just replaced
• Alternator belt was also replaced
• Battery is fairly new (1 year old maybe)
• Has the Euro style headlights instead of the double round lights more commonly seen on these.

That's all I can think of for now - if you have any questions or want to take a test drive, just let me know.

Let's start with $8,000 and go from there. Cash is preferred - I don't want to have to deal with counterfeit cashiers checks or money orders. If paying by either of those, they'll have to clear the bank before vehicle will be sold.

Here's a link to a flickr album with all the pictures: http://www.flickr.com//photos/cothran/sets/72157633220312375/show/

_MG_4815.jpg

My wife tells me that she called and got an estimate of about $500 per panel. The front valance and the FPS door are probably the only 2 that would require much work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom