1979 Daihatsu F50 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an introduction of my Daihatsu F50 farm car. Given to our family by family friends 3 years ago.
It is assumed to be a 1979 model F50V hard top with a 2.5l DG Diesel engine and a 4spd manual.
Pretty rough condition as it was bought to run from a sheep station in western Queensland, Australia into town and soon after its sole purpose became a farm car. So for a good 30 years this vehicle has never legally set foot on the black top.
In recent years the precious owners son rolled it and bent the windscreen back slightly on the drivers side. So consequently the drivers side door was cut off for easy access instead of climbing through the window.

Future plans with the old girl is to keep her mechanically sound for at least the next 5 years until I can afford to buy a second one in similar condition and combine them to make one restored vehicle.
In the short term she will be repainted blue with white roof and rims.
Until then she is the best little car to do the farm work with and drive to the bus stop to get into school. She is also a big learning opportunity for me being all mechanical with no computer and very little electronics.
I can complete many tasks mechanically on her that most fellas wont be able to do before they start their apprenticeship.

She is also known as Sharona by friends and family as it reminded me of the song My Sharona by the Knack
Advice on her preservation welcome
WIN_20200127_11_09_02_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200127_11_08_44_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200127_11_11_03_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200127_11_10_26_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200127_11_09_53_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200127_11_10_15_Pro.jpg

MonkeyRetro, man that looks nice, much better condition than my old girl.
Is it all original?
Thank you

Yes, it's all original, i only change the front brakes to discs and the wheels, both from a Rugger (here known as Rocky).

When i bought it, was in not so good condition, the interior was some bags and boxes with all the parts, windows we're gone, and a very bad paint job.
IMG_20220704_010304.jpg

Now looks much better, but still need some work

Thank you

Yes, it's all original, i only change the front brakes to discs and the wheels, both from a Rugger (here known as Rocky).

When i bought it, was in not so good condition, the interior was some bags and boxes with all the parts, windows we're gone, and a very bad paint job.
View attachment 3049537
Now looks much better, but still need some work
I bet she did, they get flogged around pretty hard.
Good to see your giving it some well earned love, What type of engine is in it? is it the DG Diesel?

Hi, no have the gasoline Toyota 12R.

Here there was not Diesel engines on these vehicles (no Diesel and no pickups) 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah righto that's interesting. never knew they didn't release the diesels in some country's
In Australia I don't believe we have the pickups but we definitely have the Diesel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom