craigslist 1975 FJ55 - Skagit, WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHMac

Just a Classic Land Cruiser Enthusiast
Threads
Honolulu, Hawaii & Lake James, North Carolina
I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THE SELLER

1975 fj55 Toyota

ASKING $7000

Quote from Listing:
"Iron pig great price and amazing investment-
Never find one like this for this price ever again
FJ 55 Toyota land cruiser
Super low miles
Runs great everything works mechanically sound
4by4
New tires
Newer suspension
New Exhaust
Inline 6
All matching numbers
7000$
Obo
I'll really need to sell her this week
I need the money to start school
Any questions give me a call
It's on orcas island and has been all it's life..."

00A0A_jrEWzfF2Zsm_1200x900.jpg
00v0v_4snpPTWTJFQ_1200x900.jpg
00q0q_7mHdkMTBYCD_1200x900.jpg
00u0u_fYBwqxTbLZF_1200x900.jpg
00X0X_5FihLenZbUG_1200x900.jpg

Looks like lots of rust and little care over the years. Is $7000 a fair price? Was looking for a '95-'97 cruiser, but this one sparked my interest as it's located nearby and I love the styling of the 55.

Do you like to weld and do body repair?:worms::). No interior shots so who knows what shape the floors are in. My guess is they are as bad as the exterior. Others may chime in, but I think his asking price is 3k too high.

Spoke with owner of the rusty FJ-55 today. He said...

"I have a guy that restores Toyota cruisers in Arizona flying up Friday with cash 6000$
Only way I would sell it now is if Somebody had 7000$"

I guess is you restore vehicles, this one would be exceptionally marketable after the restoration due to the low original miles.

However, pretty poor that the currtent sell would sell it out from under a guy who already has ticket to fly up and see it/buy it... says alot about the sellers integrity.

Spoke with owner of the rusty FJ-55 today. He said...

"I have a guy that restores Toyota cruisers in Arizona flying up Friday with cash 6000$
Only way I would sell it now is if Somebody had 7000$"

I guess is you restore vehicles, this one would be exceptionally marketable after the restoration due to the low original miles.

However, pretty poor that the currtent sell would sell it out from under a guy who already has ticket to fly up and see it/buy it... says alot about the sellers integrity.

If you really are considering a 55, keep coming back to the classifieds here. SHMac has been collecting pig listings here for a few months. It's a great source for what's for sale around the country and how much people are asking for them. A lot are over priced in my opinion, but every now and then a few pop up that are in a good price range and reasonable condition.

Are we going to start seeing a premium on rusty pigs like we do 40's? A few years ago, they were $3-$5k. Now, I'm seeing them priced like this.

I know of one that is +$8k. Rust isn't horrible, but the body is far from straight. A Chevy 350 conversion that is NOT smog compliant. The best part of it is the wheels and tires. Far from a basket case, but felt more like a $5k rig....

I better hold on to mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom