1971 FJ55 FS Feeler - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1971 FJ55 FS Feeler - A FEW PICS ADDED....

Hello,

Usual story, considering the sale of my 1971 FJ55 due to tight finances and lack of money to complete.

This may be one of the most rust-free FJ55's out there period. Considering that it now resides on the East Coast and has approx 88k original miles, it is certainly one of the most rust free in this part of the country.

I purchased this pig from Smukster a few years ago. before that, it was in Maryland, and Washington state before that. I have clear title in my name in hand.

The roof / rain gutters had some pitting but, no rust-through. It has been stripped down to bare steel with the exception of the front clip (fenders and hood). Small patches were mig-welded into the lower fenders, front floor around body mounts, was not rusted through but the metal was thin, so it was patched, barely visible with proper circular recess in pan around the body mount bolt head. small patch in the bottom rear of both front doors. The only remaining rust repair that needs to be done is, drivers side rear rocker / front of rear wheel lip area.....and area on drivers side quarter below the reflector area and maybe a little work on the rear-most body mount on the drivers side.

I purchased and installed a transmission and transfer case (with 27k miles on them!)......out of a 1974(?) FJ55, also from Smukster out of a low mileage pig that had rusted badly. So, it n ow has 4 on the floor with synchros instead of 3 on the tree and no synchros! Also has the lever transfer case shift now instead of the vacuum system that it came with (although the rig comes with all of the original parts to convert back if you wanted to convert it back) I have the driveshafts from the same truck to complete the conversion. I also bought seats and other nice parts from that same 74 or 76 FJ55 that all goes with the truck.

I also put in a resurfaced flywheel, brand new rear main seal, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, etc. More new parts:

oil pan gasket
valve cover gasket
jet-hot coated header from Marks off road
Carb rebuilt by Mark @ Marks off road - converted to allow for distributor upgrade
valve cover cleaned, painted, new decal
new battery
new 33x10.5 BFG mud terrain tires on new stock black steelies for disc (or drum) brakes - mounted and balanced with zero miles on them.
new lock cylinder set with Toyota key
many new pieces of weatherstrip for doors, quarter glass, rear window, etc.
new battery
other odds and ends I'm forgetting

I have not had it running and driving since the trans swap and carb rebuild. I was going to convert to Pertonix ignition first but did not get to it. IT DID RUN BEFORE I DID THESE THINGS SO I BELIEVE IT WILL RUN AGAIN!

I was going to get it running and "on the road" and then work on it while I drive it. Here are the things I know it needs before it can be driven:

Exhaust from header back
driveshafts installed
fluids checked, etc (has had recent oil change, tune-up, plugs, wires, etc)
brakes probably need bled
dash (recently painted) needs to be put back together and the dash pad needs upholstery repair
other stuff is cosmetic, headliner, door panels, etc. Also, I was going to re-arch the springs and add new shocks, maybe shackles to get a small lift out of it to give the 33" tires a little more room.

I will try to get some pics up soon. (It's in my Avatar) I'm asking $3995 OBO. Please email me with any questions at Ldear3116@gmail.com or PM me / respond here and I will check back here as often as I can. I hate to sell but, times are tough. This pig will make someone VERY happy! Thanks for looking.

-Lee

Last edited:
pics

I should have pics up by tomorrow evening, please check back then. -Lee

Hi Lee,
I'm interested. I'm here in Lock Haven, PA close to Gary Smukster. Email some pics to mrecinto@gmail.com especially the rusted ones. I'm sure Gary will be thrilled for this pig to be back in PA. Email also your contact number.
Thank you,
Montano
(570)9710448

pics

I think I may need to re-size these photos but, I thought I'd try to get a couple posted up to give interested parties an idea of what I am offering here:

Montano, I will email some other pics and my phone number tomorrow. -Lee
003.jpg
030.jpg
008.jpg

SOLD

SOLD....thanks Montano. Take care of the piggie, hope to be able to buy it back someday. Email me with a few pics once you get her running and on the road. Enjoy! The piggie will be missed but I'm glad to see that it went to an enthusiast who can appreciate it!

-Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom