For Sale 1970 FJ55 Silver City New Mexico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I am selling my 1970 FJ55.

VEHICLE HISTORY

I got this vehicle in February 2019. I am the 3rd owner of this cruiser. It was a daily driver for the original owner until around the mid 90's. Around 1995 the rear axle fell of while he was driving, he got it replaced by a shop but then stopped driving it. From 1995 to 2019 it was sitting with no movement or attention. In 2017 the second owner bought it with plans to fix it up but never got around to it, that's who I bought it from. Apparently this has been a New Mexico vehicle all it's life but it was located in an area where they salted the roads. Apparently this has been a New Mexico vehicle all it's life but it was located in an area where they salted the roads. It has extensive rust in all the usual areas on the body but the frame is solid.

GENERAL INFORMATION

It has a 1F engine with a 3 on the tree. Runs and drives great. It has some difficulty cold starting, you have to press the pedal and play with the choke a little. The vehicle was pretty much completely stock when I got it. For the most part it seemed like nothing had really been messed with, original paint no bondo. Blinkers work, headlights work low beam and high beam. Brake lights don't work, they have worked in the past. Temp, fuel, and AMP gauges work although the speedometer and oil gauge don't work. The rear fan sometimes works, there's an issue with the switch. The front fan doesn't work although isn't to far from working. Rear window works great, rolls up and down no problem every time. All doors, windows, and locks work. Windshield is there and solid although there are two small chips.

DETAILS OF WORK DONE

Clutch related work:
-New clutch assembly
-Resurfaced flywheel
-New rear main seal
-New pilot bearing
-New throw out bearing

Engine bay work:
-New spark plugs and wires
-New air Filter
-New Alternator belt
-Some new vacuum hoses
-New fluids
-New fuses
-New battery
- New alternator done by previous owner

Brake related work:
-New brake shoes
-New hardware
-New wheel cylinders
-New brake drums
-New brake master cylinder

Steering work
-New tie rod ends
-Renuit center pivot

Interior work:
-I made a front seat cover as well putting some tape over the upholstery rips
-Putt a piece of sheet metal under passenger side floor pan for a temporary rust fix
-The original door paneling was shot so I replaced it with plywood
-Put a piece of plywood over the glove box to replace the fallen off original one

I did some other small jobs such as some electrical work and little odds and ends. It has been a good fun mechanical project, although I want a vehicle that can do some traveling. Located in Silver City NM. I am asking $4000 OBO, open to trades specifically looking for a 1980's toyota pickup.

IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1463.jpg
IMG_1464.jpg
IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1466.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom