1961 fj25 soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

einstein

SILVER Star
Threads
I picked up a 1961 fj25 soft top on saturday, it has a kayline soft top right now and the soft doors, i was wondering if a besttop soft top would fit because there

is no front opening for the front post by the back of the doors. Kayline just uses a rod behind the door. Any soft top suggestions are appreciated. I would like

to use the besttop because i have new one ready to install in my garage but just was wondering if it would fit.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

fj25.jpg

fj26.jpg

fj27.jpg

Nice, more info required, is this one on the list already?

Bestop Install:

What list? It was previously owned by william dean russel out of sacremento california. I bought it from his son, he just recently moved to utah. it had been sitting for quite some time. Picked it up Saturday at about 1pm. had it running the next day by about noon. Runs good, cleaned the carb ran new fuel lines. I am going to drop off the fuel tanks this week, it has 2 in cab tanks to get cleaned and boiled, and changing all the fluids and flushing the radiator and it will be good to go. It should be a fun project. Thanks for that post that helps alot.

What list? It was previously owned by william dean russel out of sacremento california. I bought it from his son, he just recently moved to utah. it had been sitting for quite some time. Picked it up Saturday at about 1pm. had it running the next day by about noon. Runs good, cleaned the carb ran new fuel lines. I am going to drop off the fuel tanks this week, it has 2 in cab tanks to get cleaned and boiled, and changing all the fluids and flushing the radiator and it will be good to go. It should be a fun project. Thanks for that post that helps alot.

On the top of the 25 section there is a thread counting the 25s. That is the list @Cruiser_Nerd was referring to.

Dropped both my gas tanks off a the local radiator place he said the passenger side gas tank is not fixable, and beyond rusty. Would a early model fj40 tank fit? I have one off a 1972 with the filler neck?

Just a kayline soft top frame. No the original soft top but it does have the original soft doors.

Thanks for the help on the soft top, fits great, now i just need to either have my soft doors recovered or get some best top and modify them. I have the original soft top doors . When they redo the clear plastic is that something boat cover places can do or who usually does the plastic windows? The newer best top is a massive massive improvement.

20200105_111809.jpg

20200111_153245.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom