1946 Bantam T3C Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive made a little progress since the last update. The trailer has been painted (rolled on) Rustoleum Gloss White as well as the frame in Gloss Black. For the interior I rolled on Rustoleum Bedliner. Once all the coating has fully cured Ill begin wiring up the lights and battery.

20171216_134127.jpg

20171216_134143.jpg

20171216_132559.jpg

20171216_132633.jpg

20171216_132501.jpg

I've managed to make some progress over the last month. I found a nicely priced roof rack on the local Craigslist. I was super stoked that it came with a number of attachments if I ever wanted to haul some bikes or my kayaks. It also had the risers in the towers which works out perfect for the ladder of the roof top tent. The base of the tent sits at an even 5 feet. Speaking of the tent, it was my latest purchase over the weekend. Its second hand but the price was right and it had all of the features I wanted. Other than that its been little things like getting the lights, junction box, and plug wired up correctly.

fj and trailer.jpg

I was able to get the trailer out for weekend for a quick shake-down. I will need to add some sort of anchoring system for the cargo as well as some sort of battery and electric.

20180317_171229-01.jpeg

Thats my old trailer! I can tell by the stickers on the back. How did you acquire it? Hows it holding up?
Thats awesome!
I picked it up here in Colorado back in Feb of this year. She's been awesome!
I sealed up some holes and putting new seals on the lid as the inside was getting pretty dusty on the trails and put a new tent on it.
Just found a broken leaf spring (at the eyelet) so I'll be fixing that and probably flipping the axle. Other than that, super capable and fun!

I have some plans for it and may start my own thread but I can keep you updated here. That photo link will be updated as I do things as well.

Nice work man!

-Adam

Thats awesome!
I picked it up here in Colorado back in Feb of this year. She's been awesome!
I sealed up some holes and putting new seals on the lid as the inside was getting pretty dusty on the trails and put a new tent on it.
Just found a broken leaf spring (at the eyelet) so I'll be fixing that and probably flipping the axle. Other than that, super capable and fun!

I have some plans for it and may start my own thread but I can keep you updated here. That photo link will be updated as I do things as well.

Nice work man!

-Adam
So I originally sold it to a gal who took it to New Mexico. Im wondering if she sold it off? Did you put your own tent on there?
This makes me so happy and youve just made my day. I was thinking about it the other day and Im glad it still lives a life of adventure.
Those are the original leafs from 1946. Id say theyve done a hell of a job.

So I originally sold it to a gal who took it to New Mexico. Im wondering if she sold it off? Did you put your own tent on there?
This makes me so happy and youve just made my day. I was thinking about it the other day and Im glad it still lives a life of adventure.
Those are the original leafs from 1946. Id say theyve done a hell of a job.
I believe you sold it to Ellen. She then sold it to her friend Phil and I bought it from him. Ellen was on the title.
I sold the Treeline tent that you had and put a FreeSpirit Recreation tent on it. Adding a different rack soon to have the tent sit higher and then I can mount some recovery gear to the rack.
I'm guessing the leaf has been broken for a while by the looks of it but she still tracks great and takes the trails like a champ. That photo link should have 2 videos from 2 weeks ago going up to camp at 12,000'.

People stop and ask about the trailer everywhere I go. I love this thing!!

I believe you sold it to Ellen. She then sold it to her friend Phil and I bought it from him. Ellen was on the title.
I sold the Treeline tent that you had and put a FreeSpirit Recreation tent on it. Adding a different rack soon to have the tent sit higher and then I can mount some recovery gear to the rack.
I'm guessing the leaf has been broken for a while by the looks of it but she still tracks great and takes the trails like a champ. That photo link should have 2 videos from 2 weeks ago going up to camp at 12,000'.

People stop and ask about the trailer everywhere I go. I love this thing!!
Thats great. Ill be looking for your new build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom