12ht into bj40 STOPPPPEEDDDD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mitch,

You'll need to use the FJ40 mounts on the chassis and the pre 11-84 mounts on the engine. That configuration WILL bolt up. I changed from a BJ series chassis to the 12HT and thats what it took.
PM me your e-mail adress and i'll mail you some pictures of how my mounts on both chassis and engine are located.
And yes, the HJ47/2H mounts will work too, but those don't have the mounting for the PS pump.

Mark
Mark, I am planning to do a 12H-T conversion. Would you please email photos of chassis and engine mounts and anything else that you think would help me assemble all the parts required for this swap. Many thanks, Don (donholsinger@gmail.com)

the H55F will use the same crossmember as the 83-84 BJ42 but he does not have the pieces on the frame so he will need to buy the "L" mounts and either weld or drill and bolt them to the frame...
I am about to install an H55f transmission into my 1981 BJ42. I believe that I will need a different transmission cross-member. Do you have any information about what exactly I will need and where I might find it? Thanks a lot, Don (donholsinger@gmail.com)

Mark, I am planning to do a 12H-T conversion. Would you please email photos of chassis and engine mounts and anything else that you think would help me assemble all the parts required for this swap. Many thanks, Don (donholsinger@gmail.com)
Mark, it would really help me to have the photos of the chassis and engine mounts as I go forward with my 12H-T swap plans. The subject vehicle is an excellent 1981 BJ42. I will be selling the 3B, four speed and transfer case. I want as many Toyota OEM parts as possible for the swap. Many thanks, Don (donholsinger@gmail.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom