100 Series - where did you mount the Base unit for remote HAM install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adam OJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I am in the process of mounting up my old ICOM IC-2710 into my '99 Land Cruiser. I got the faceplate mounted up nice and neat under the radio (single DIN aftermarket). Now I'm looking for the best place to put the base unit. It 'fits' under the center console cover in front of the transmission shifter, but I am concerned about ventilation. Looks like the radio AMP is under the passenger seat, and it doesn't look like there is enough room under the driver's seat. The back seat has no clearance under it. I could potentially attach it to the drawer system in the back but would prefer to keep things closer if possible.

The microphone connects to the base separately from the faceplate. I don't have an extension cable for the mic since I have always been able to mount the base close to the driver seat in the other vehicles I have had it in (under the center console). It looks like I can still buy the mic extension if needed (although it looks an awful lot like a cat5 cable to me).

Where have people mounted them?

Thanks!

I also kept looking for a good, out of the way, spot for my radio but couldn't find one. I almost could fit it under the drivers' seat, but the seat would scrape on the top of the unit when I moved the seat.

I ended up mounting it on the carpet on the side of the console, in the front passenger foot well. I used small nuts/bolts with large washers and a big piece of velcro on the bracket. It's been there for a year, it seems to hold up well.

Here's what it looks like.

Thanks, MTN, that looks very functional. I played a little more tonight and I think I'm going to be able to fit it inside the center console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom