100 series rear cargo side jump seats in a 60 - anyone seen this done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whereswaldo

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking at putting in some temporary cargo area seating in the back of my 60 for a summer roadtrip with family including some kiddos, looking at these which apparently come from a non-US 100 series:

316.jpg

We all have done time riding in this type of seating on rutted out third world roads so that is not an issue - putting them in is another story. Unfortunately the supplier is not able to offer any installation tips - I can weld a bit and am willing to drop the gas tank if needed - wondering where the attachment points are - looks like the bed near the edge of the cargo area, possibly wall of the cargo area, possible wheel well itself??

Any experience/tips/speculation appreciated!

It would be totally custom. Take the side panels off your 60 back there and you will see the vertical body frame members. a plate will need to go all the way across at the height you are thinking of with the seat attachments.
The then floor will need plate bolted thru and into plate on the other side.

With plate, bolts and welding... anything can be done. Not much head room unfortunately in a 60 when sitting on something.

Cool thanks brownbear that's more or less what I suspected. I'm thinking to go with a fold and tumble from Bestop as it looks like a lot less work, just bolt to the floor. Will post up some pics when done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom