100 Series Hidden Console Vaults! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any 200 Series vaults in the future?

I am seriously considering this since I do have access to a 200 for R&D now. I did very briefly look into the center console. Think I need to remove the cool box thing to see what I'm working with. The question is, what percentage of 200 owners are willing to delete the cool box to install a vault? From what I was told it works well.

Just received mine. Great construction and lock and I look forward to installing it soon. Question: If I wanted to dress it up with black paint, what did you use in post #1 and how has it held up?

Just received mine. Great construction and lock and I look forward to installing it soon. Question: If I wanted to dress it up with black paint, what did you use in post #1 and how has it held up?

Thank you for your business and the kind words! I'm glad you like it!

I used Rustoleum flat black spray paint on mine. Just the regular $5 can, nothing special. It looks exactly the same today as when I painted it a few years ago. IIRC I didn't even primer it. I just wiped everything down with acetone before painting. It has held up wonderfully.

Also, I added two small 1/4" squares of adhesive velcro (the soft side) in the corners of the lid to cushion it so it closes quietly. I also put a 1/8" thick closed cell foam sheet (adhesive-backed) on the bottom of the vault to cushion the contents and quiet any sounds from vibration.

Got around to installing it today after using an extra can of Monstaliner on the interior and exterior. I was hoping it would give it a slightly rubbery feel (it didn't), but I like the way it looks and it should be durable. Install was easy since I had the console apart for a HAM rewire. It's one of my favorite interior upgrades and provides a lot more peace of mind parking at the beach and trails - this thing is solid. Thanks for the velcro suggestion!

20240412-DSCF2477.jpg

Got around to installing it today after using an extra can of Monstaliner on the interior and exterior. I was hoping it would give it a slightly rubbery feel (it didn't), but I like the way it looks and it should be durable. Install was easy since I had the console apart for a HAM rewire. It's one of my favorite interior upgrades and provides a lot more peace of mind parking at the beach and trails - this thing is solid. Thanks for the velcro suggestion!

View attachment 3605552

Wow that looks killer with the Monstaliner! I think I want to respray mine with that stuff down the road.

I'm really glad you like it! Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom