100 SERIES DOCUMENTED BUILD; step by step (1 Viewer)

Where should I start the build first?

• Install ARB compressor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I am new to MUD so go easy on me.

I have always wanted a 100 series and I have finally bought one and intend on turning it into a wheeling SLEE machine.

I am going to document the entire process good or bad I will upload my progress. I have searched the forums and seen similar but I did not search hard so if this is a repeat sorry but I am going to have fun regardless! I was a Toyota mechanic for a while so I think I remember my way around, I hope.

Wish me luck and if anybody has valuable input please share.

2006 100 series repair manuals.jpg

2006 land cruiser.jpg

2006 LC, 172k miles

The plan is to get it up on very tall jack stands in 2 or 3 weeks or so... or so. Family, yob, life may get in the way.

The tear down is scheduled first, that will be a process in and of itself.

Rear locker first.

What say you about the factory option rear locker... I have that, but is it any good? I have used it, it hooks up after a half rotation of slippage I believe.

What say you about the factory option rear locker... I have that, but is it any good? I have used it, it hooks up after a half rotation of slippage I believe.

Nice truck. I'd do the bumpers and slider first since you already have tires. AHC is very capable too, so you may want to retain that if it still works well.

I didn't know a rear locker was an option on 06. I thought it was gone in 2001. Do you mean the center lock?

Are doing anything "unusual"? I'd take a few minutes (hours... days...) and scour the mud archives - there are tons (!) of documented builds, discussions on orders of upgrades, needs vs. wants...

Where did you pick up a hard copy of the repair manual and what did it set you back?
FSM's show up on eBay, usually going for $250-400 for the A-D manuals and electrical diagrams.

Sent from my iPhone

i think he is talking about ATRAC unless previous owner locked the rear...

Nice truck. I'd do the bumpers and slider first since you already have tires. AHC is very capable too, so you may want to retain that if it still works well.

I didn't know a rear locker was an option on 06. I thought it was gone in 2001. Do you mean the center lock?
yes center lock.

Im going to go with armor. I just took mine on its maiden voyage [pics to come] and i can tell you i was completely amazed at how awesome this truck is and its ATRAC system. I will be using this for a while before i out grow it.

I'll vote for losing the AHC and putting on OME coils and t-bars for a traditional lift first. Then armor, then rear locker.

I think this depends on your plans. If you want to go balls to wall right off the bat, then do suspension, followed shortly by ... well... everything else. If you're going to be going slowly and progressively adding stuff, I'd do the bumpers and roof rack - especially if you're eyeing a roof top tent like I am. ;)

Nice rig and good call getting the service manuals very valuable items to have in the garage. Just ordered myself the wiring diagram this week from Amazon.

I had looked at ebay previously but hadn't ever found anything at a reasonable price. However I took another look last night and found somebody selling a new 07 manual set (minus the EWD) for $175. I made them a best offer of $160 and they accepted it. I figure it should be close enough for my 06 and I can pick up a wiring diagram for $50.

I had looked at ebay previously but hadn't ever found anything at a reasonable price. However I took another look last night and found somebody selling a new 07 manual set (minus the EWD) for $175. I made them a best offer of $160 and they accepted it. I figure it should be close enough for my 06 and I can pick up a wiring diagram for $50.
well if you ever need a screen shot of my 06 manuals let me know

The rig stock is so capable. Install a locker first. You'll be surprised, add slider steps next if you are going to get into the rocks.

I think this also depends on what you think you can do yourself. Just got my wheels/tires, and everything for lift kit is being ordered tomorrow morning along with sliders (found REALLY cheap).

With regard to armor, if you know how to weld or know someone, I'd use the money for the lift and get it out of the way. Once that's on, then recruit a welder friend, and/or fab your own. I know, big IF, but welding is not that hard to learn...I've taught myself, and am going to make my own. There's so many threads of guys showing off their own armor builds.

I think this also depends on what you think you can do yourself. Just got my wheels/tires, and everything for lift kit is being ordered tomorrow morning along with sliders (found REALLY cheap).

With regard to armor, if you know how to weld or know someone, I'd use the money for the lift and get it out of the way. Once that's on, then recruit a welder friend, and/or fab your own. I know, big IF, but welding is not that hard to learn...I've taught myself, and am going to make my own. There's so many threads of guys showing off their own armor builds.

Tell me more about these REALLY cheap sliders... Where? How cheap? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom