06 w ahc sagging in rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Folks traveling now and need help....
Left for business trip this am and back of my 06 is sitting low.
Guess there is a issue w the rear ahc....

Any advice to fix quick or just go OME and solve it?

Folks traveling now and need help....
Left for business trip this am and back of my 06 is sitting low.
Guess there is a issue w the rear ahc....

Any advice to fix quick or just go OME and solve it?
Rear height sensor could have failed, they can be disassembled, internal contacts cleaned and reinstalled for a short term fix. New OE sensor runs around $300 IIRC. Any other symptoms like flashing AHC light? You could try tweaking the sensor's adjusting rod and/or repositioning the sensor mounts to try and get the potentiometer's slider into a spot that hasn't failed, if indeed it is a failed height sensor. Any toyota/Lexus dealer or Indy Toyota shop can hook up TechStream and diagnose a failed sensor quickly.

No
Rear height sensor could have failed, they can be disassembled, internal contacts cleaned and reinstalled for a short term fix. New OE sensor runs around $300 IIRC. Any other symptoms like flashing AHC light? You could try tweaking the sensor's adjusting rod and/or repositioning the sensor mounts to try and get the potentiometer's slider into a spot that hasn't failed, if indeed it is a failed height sensor. Any toyota/Lexus dealer or Indy Toyota shop can hook up TechStream and diagnose a failed sensor quickly.

no lights or anything flashing.
Thanks for heads up....
Anywhere I should look for failed sensor?
I'll be at hotel later tonight so I can check then.

Big thanks!!

No

no lights or anything flashing.
Thanks for heads up....
Anywhere I should look for failed sensor?
I'll be at hotel later tonight so I can check then.

Big thanks!!
Sensor is LH side of centerline mounted on aft side of rear cross member. It has a 3 wire grey connector. Check to see if leaver bracket nut is tight and the lever hasn't slipped, it should be situated in the middle (approx) of its adjustment slot. Try redistributing any rear weight and bouncing the rear before you pull it apart, might get lucky and it temporarily sorts itself out.

Big thanks!
I'll look when I get to hotel...

Dang thing has bounced whole way to San Antonio....

image.jpg
image.jpg
Well gotta say big thanks for all help!

Stopped on way back from San Antonio; dealer said needed pressure switch 700.00; and if that didn't fix it then ahc motor- 3300.00......

Needless to say I went home and great cruiser head baker tire put it on rack and found rear sensor bracket broken in half.... Allowing sensor to be out of position....
Removed braket and welded.

All fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom