'05 and satellite radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched here, and on the web for this answer, but couldn't find a solid answer.

I'm looking at an '05 Land Cruiser with Nav/DVD/etc. Is there a way to directly wire either XM or Sirius into the stereo and navigation screen? I noticed there was a AM/SAT button on the stereo. Is this something dealers can do?

beaudot said:
I've searched here, and on the web for this answer, but couldn't find a solid answer.

I'm looking at an '05 Land Cruiser with Nav/DVD/etc. Is there a way to directly wire either XM or Sirius into the stereo and navigation screen? I noticed there was a AM/SAT button on the stereo. Is this something dealers can do?

I almost bought an 05 LC but felt better about the seller with my 04. The 05 has that AM/SAT button that allows direct connection between XM and your head unit. I wouldnt take it to the dealer - go to a higher end car audio place and they can do it.

If you use the toyota oem xm unit, which runs about 300 bucks , it plugs directly into the back of the nav and will display the station list with its own menu on the nav screen. If you go with an aftermarket setup, i believe they use an FM modulation setup and would not display as such on the nav screen, if you don't want add ons hanging on the dash the Toy module is the way to go, but will cost you twice as much as the aftermarket units.

also, Viastech and Coastal tech are supposed to be releasing an Video IPOD/XM interface that will tie in aftermarket devices, but is still not ready. I am tired of waiting for this setup, so I am going to go ahead with the factory XM and forget about the IPOD for now.

Does your 05 support bluetooth? I'd love to tie in my palm treo to the nav system but I'm not sure it is supported by the factory setup.

:cheers:

mikeacs said:
If you use the toyota oem xm unit, which runs about 300 bucks , it plugs directly into the back of the nav and will display the station list with its own menu on the nav screen. If you go with an aftermarket setup, i believe they use an FM modulation setup and would not display as such on the nav screen, if you don't want add ons hanging on the dash the Toy module is the way to go, but will cost you twice as much as the aftermarket units.

also, Viastech and Coastal tech are supposed to be releasing an Video IPOD/XM interface that will tie in aftermarket devices, but is still not ready. I am tired of waiting for this setup, so I am going to go ahead with the factory XM and forget about the IPOD for now.

Does your 05 support bluetooth? I'd love to tie in my palm treo to the nav system but I'm not sure it is supported by the factory setup.

:cheers:

This is my setup with a Sirius setup (FM modulator).

It's pretty clean.

attachment.php

Thanks for your help guys, these were the answers I was looking for. I'm trying to get the dealer to throw in the Toyota interface unit.

beaudot said:

Yes, my 2005 came with Sirius already installed... dealer threw in the option. It also has bluetooth, I will have a new Palm Treo 700w to play with soon.

It may already have the wire installed from the factory.. and just need to install the reciever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom