'04 Taco Manual Hubs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried a search, but no luck.

Can manual locking hubs be installed on a 2004 Tacoma? I really have no idea if it would make any difference in fuel economy, but I figure maybe it would help with wear and tear on the front drivetrain.

I'm sure this has been discussed a number of times, but I don't know where to look in here.

Thanks, Dennis

yeah, I believe ORS has a kit for the conversion. IIRC, they're around $2-3K? Personally, I see no benefit, unless your rig is strictly an off road rig. There was a good thread a while ago. I'll try to find it.

i dont think ors is around anymore. theres the downey kit, or you can find some oem ones from the junkyard. Do it yourself, Tacoma Manual Hub Swap

i contemplated doing this on my 4runner as well, but didnt see much benefit to it. decreased wear is insignificant, as is the mileage gained. the only real advantage is that you can limp out of the trail without a front cv axle. however, an ADD setup is much quicker to swap out on the trail than a manual hup setup.

instead of spending the money on adding manual hubs, i opted to get a front arb instead. much more effective use of money IMO.

check out ttora.com for more info. also check their for sale ads as theres manual hubs and all the necessary bits n pieces needed to do the junkyard swap. if you plan to do the swap, id go for the oem setup. aisins are much better quality than the warns...

Didn't know ORS was out of business. Thanks for the clarification. Also, I agree with the front locker suggestion.

BTW, that pic in your avatar looks like fun times! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom