'04 LX470 Front A/C Fan Blower Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thread is a direct spinoff from this thread; I noticed the fan stopped working after this "fix" to the issue of the thread was carried out. Not sure if that "fix" is the direct cause but it's the only change on the car before this happened. Doesn't really mean much but good to point out I suppose.

Just as the title says, the fan stopped working. You can look here to see the prequel to this issue. I have no clue why the fan isn't working anymore. I checked the fan blower motor as specified by the FSM, and the fan motor itself spins when hooked up directly to 12V, but when connected to the car and controlled via "Climate" settings on the car screen, nothing happens, fan doesn't turn. I checked 2 or so fuses that had to do with the front A/C and they were good, but I might have missed other fuses. I brought out the Blower Motor Control Relay (and tried the fan blower again, no dice), can't test it via FSM specs because no Multimeter (my Lord do I need one). I just brushed it off and reconnected it, no dice.

IMG_20220720_131046_126~2.jpg

Blower Motor Control Relay mounted in the car.
IMG_20220720_131457_998.jpg

Blower Motor Control Relay off the car.
IMG_20220720_131525_817~2.jpg

Backside of the Blower Motor Control Relay, I brushed this side and well it did nothing I guess.

I didn't open the Blower Motor Control Relay. Should I? Also is there any A/C Relay or more Fuses I can look into? I bet it's gonna be something completely random :/

What do?

Update:

The problem is solved. Again something completely random. Looks like one of the wires carrying current from the ignition to the "HTR" heater relay port was dead, so we took it to an Indy shop and the guy there just tapped light from a cartridge fuse port to the HTR relay port and the A/C Fan works as normal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom