021/MS210 023/MS230 025/MS250 Oil Pump Repair (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal,

I was looking on google and you seem to be the Chainsaw expert. There is a little u shaped spring that connects the kill swith/ choke that I cant get back in. Is there some trick to replacing this?

Sorry to be dragging up such an old thread...However, I still got no oil after doing this things.

The polymer gear looks good and when turned by hand the gear on the oil pump turns. I blew out the tube from the tank to the elbow and blew out the elbow itself.

The only thing I can see that may be causing my problem is the drive sprocket. When I reassemble everything, the drive sprocket has a fairly sloppy fit. Sloppy enough that it doesn't seem likely the little coat hanger wire thing that wraps around the polymer gear would stay in the notch on the sprocket.

My question is...How snug should the fit be for the sprocket?

I think I may have answered my own question. I'm missing the needle cage. It wasn't there when I disassembled.

I have an issue with my 170 also. Won't pump oil very long and then blows bubbles. If you crack the cap and put it back on it flows good for awhile and back to bubbles. Removed the vent and cleaned but still same thing

I'm going to guess the O ring on the white elbow that connects the oil pick up hose to the bottom of the oil pump has a nick in it. It is allowing air into the system after the intial oil in the line is discharged.

I have an issue with my 170 also. Won't pump oil very long and then blows bubbles. If you crack the cap and put it back on it flows good for awhile and back to bubbles. Removed the vent and cleaned but still same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom