02 Double Cab 4x4 project - frame compatibility question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember when you started this thread. I think that iteration of toyota wheel on the DC looks cool. You've outfitted this truck (snorkel, ARB, OEM wheels, no lift) in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, and the toyota lettering on the tailgate tops it off.
Bravo.
Any updates?

Thanks man! It's been super fun and I use it almost daily for work and hauling stuff. Did a couple of offroad trips in BC and Alberta and it's been flawless. Recent updates are IPF lights (not worth it in my humble opinion over the cheap Amazon units I had) and an ARB OME spring set in the rear, greaseable shackles, u-bolt flip kit - I broke a leaf when towing a heavy trailer. Little too much lift in the beginning but they settled in nicely. It's lifted about 2.5" all around I think as combined with the OME medium coils up front....maybe 3". I also designed (copied) a Prinsu style rack and made it slightly height adjustable as I wanted to match either my cheap canopy setup or my summer Thule X-sporter bars. I chronically haul really long things (sea kayaks, model rockets, beams, windsurfing gear etc.) so needed something stout. Next project will be an air compressor and a winch.
08bece33-167a-4549-bb8b-5676c7eec373.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3564.jpg
IMG_3715.jpg
IMG_3717.jpg
IMG_3448.jpg

Few fun updates to make the truck more useful. I love the Prinsu racks, I think they are such a good idea. But having access to a laser and Solidworks always tempts me to design and try my hand at it as well. I built this rack with a few modifications to suit me. Used sealed rivnuts, bigger metric hardware (because....Toyota) and some additional mounting points. Still needs paint or powdercoat and some lights mounted up but I'm pretty happy with the fit.

The other project was to get some lights inside my canopy and get the 3rd brake light working. I used a weatherpack connector to make install/removal of the canopy a breeze.

66708842478__C1018872-7E1A-4369-9231-81D02D2019F3.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4406 1.JPG