'01 Landcruiser NAV Screen Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, well I hate to say but this started a few months ago with some small visual cracks internal to my Nav screen and has gotten progressively worse (to now) where my NAV screen seems to be almost delaminating internally...

I have a 2001 TLC with 190k miles, and it's in the hot FL sun most of the day, black color doesn't help, but do use a windshield visor.

Does anyone have any suggestions for repairing this? I've been online and can only seem to find some replacement screens from China on ebay (even those are expensive) plus I don't trust it. The cracks originally freaked me out thinking they were external, but they are actually internal and I have never abused or damaged the screen itself, alway very nice to it... like I said it looks like a film is peeling off internally

Not really sure what to do here! :bang:

Last edited:
Maybe check with this company if they make the screen for your year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Lexus-...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item27cb78de98&vxp=mtr

Thnx parnoren! yeah these ship from overseas, not sure how much I trust that... do you know of or have any instructions for replacing this, anyone have something? Not sure if I order the screen how to do this (I am very tech and mechanically inclined) just haven't done or seen the LC Nav out to replace screen procedure and don't really want to be the guinypig :eek:

I sent them an e-mail, think maybe this will match up but not sure either... mispell on the gunea pig :beer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170798596473?item=170798596473&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I have a lot of imports from CN (Foshan and Xiamen) so maybe they will put this on one of our containers to save on shipping... lets see if they agree... Miami is a 35 day transit after clearing customs but worth the wait so save $$$ on air-freight.

I also asked for instructions!!

lets see...

Please keep us updated as to how it goes. While mine isn't nearly as bad as yours is, it is starting to get discolored.

Please keep us updated as to how it goes. While mine isn't nearly as bad as yours is, it is starting to get discolored.

Well everyone been busy, my friend is a manager at the dealer in service (great hookup) and took the screen out... it's a film on the outside of the screen so he removed it since it was crumbling off.. apparently this is 100% necessary, my screen looks white day and night unless I look at it with polarized sunglasses

All-in-all he ordered the new screen from China (ebay) for me since I've been busy and should put it in the NAV within a month or two.. will post back results but thought I would update everyone on the coating that peeled off, everything else works perfect (with polarized sunglasses lol) :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom