Curious on rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving home on 85 in Atlanta the other day and there was a really bad accident and I saw an 80 that was parked (not involved with the accident) near it and it was a green 80 looked to be on 35's with j's or something and the rear bumper had two spares on it. Does anyone know what kind of bumper is this or is it homemade. Just curious?

Probably a Kaymar or TJM. They both had the capacity for dual pivots and dual tire carriers. No others (sold in America) that I can think of had this capability. These were designed for expeditions in the Outback where two spares is almost a ncecessity.

Of course, it could also be home-brewed.

Go ask that one LC shop you go to.

dclee said:
No others (sold in America) that I can think of had this capability.

My Hanna Rear Bumper has the capability to hold dual pivots.

Kaymar definetly has the capability for dual tires.

Shops like Hanna and 4x4labs will build a dual tire carrier for their bumpers. As others have already stated, existing bumpers, such as the Kaymar, allow for dual pivots -- and 2 tires carried.

If I were in your situation and saw 2 built 80s stopped, (unless they were working the accident scene), I would've stopped and introduced myself...

Yeah they were working the scene. It was a terrible accident with a semi and a car and both exploded on impact. So that was the last thing they probably would have wanted to talk about.

Here is the TJM setup.

tyre_carrier.jpg

http://www.tjmproducts.com.au/master_frameset.asp

wb1948 said:
Go ask that one LC shop you go to.

Come on, play nice. No need for negativity like that. :flamingo:

NorCalDoug said:
If I were in your situation and saw 2 built 80s stopped, (unless they were working the accident scene), I would've stopped and introduced myself...

He did not need to stop as he had his PA system all set up, "Hi guys, I'm Josh! Is your name Josh? I like people named Josh. Wanna play?" and then he was off down the road. A PA amp is next on the mod list.

80's pulled over to the side at the scene of an accident? We should start and "Emergency Rescue Team" =) It'd be like playing superhero's when you were a kid all over again... "I call dips on being Flash Gordon!"

dd113 said:
He did not need to stop as he had his PA system all set up, "Hi guys, I'm Josh! Is your name Josh? I like people named Josh. Wanna play?" and then he was off down the road. A PA amp is next on the mod list.
This is all becoming more clear to me.
Does this PA system come in a kit that I can order from any Land Cruiser shop? I ask because I'm fairly certain that the process of gathering individual PA system components would be beyond the skillset of this particular Josh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom