Great Bed & Breakfast in Waldoboro, Maine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
My dad and step-mom are just getting underway with their first B&B adventure. They are actually open now (after many months of really cool work on the house, hidden private baths, etc) in a 190-some year old house in Waldoboro, Maine. The place is called The Reed Mansion...quite a bit of history around it, very cool place and they are great people. They are rather desperate for customers, so if anyone out there is looking for a B&B in the coastal Maine (I think mid-coast is the offical term) area please check them out.

http://www.reedmansion.com

(Yes the website is poor (I made it so I can say that), but don't let that deter you, GrrlScout is making me a new flashy one as you read this...cause she got skilz) :D

Seriously, check it out if you can, it would be much appreciated...oh, and those who have heard of my World Famous (stretching a bit there, but it is good) Almond Toffee, anyone who stays at the B&B I'll give say 3-lbs almond toffee either now or a credit towards holiday orders...

Thanks,
Mark Brodis

Looks cute. I don't know a heck of a lot about Maine, so maybe when you redesign the site, maps and a lot more things to do with photos!

When we get time, we go to Martha's Vineyard, Cape May, Berkshires, Lake Windermere, Vermont. This looks like a great place to go too.

I think the site looks fine just add some pics of the attractions. I would love to go to Maine at some point in my life. If we do go at any time I would go to The Reed Mansion thats for sure. :cheers:

desertdude said:
Maine "The way life should be"

Love Maine!

Just a tip = add this google link to the site - better than Yahoo maps or Map quest

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Waldoboro,+ME

Thanks! I like Google's large maps!

Yeah it's very pretty/green up there in Maine. I've only lived in AK, WA, CA and CO, and the whole East-coast thing is way different, green all over, really old houses and buildings (around us 1970's is OLD!)...very cool.

Thanks all, just trying to drum up some business for them...

:cheers:

Nice, all they need is a FJ45LV for a station car. ;) I always try to use a B&B, when we can. The whole Wal-Mart vs. Mom & Pop thing. If staying at the friend's cabin isn't looking good to good when we get there, we'll drop in on them this summer.

Also get hooked up with one of those search engines for Inns....no linky here at work..........but that's how I find most.

Is there a TLCA discount??

just checking

Grew up in NE and haven't been back since 94. My wife and kids have never been there and I would love to take them around those parts, go kick the trees around Amherst, Burlington, Portsmouth, New Port,...ah the memories.

Friends of ours' folks have a B&B on Block Island that we have been talking about visiting in the off season. A few days there and a few in Maine won't be too bad.

madams557 said:
Is there a TLCA discount??
Hmm...I hadn't thought about that, since I'm not actually there running it, but I'm sure we can work something out, atleast $10-20/night cheaper I'm sure...I'll contact the owners (my dad) tonight and work out the details.. :D

It's very nice in Maine, so vastly different from Colorado...hmm, that reminds me I need to book a trip back out there too.. :D

Thanks,
Mark

i think i've seen that place before...........................

in the movie"amityville horror"
bwaaaaaaaaaaabwaaaaaaabwaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! ;)

cool place mark, when the first tlca event out that way? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom