Milford cargo barriers don't fit!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All -

Just a quick word of warning. If you have dual-air (i.e. rear air) then a regular 100 Series barrier won't fit. It doesn't clear the hump in the headliner where all the rear A/C ducting and controls run. All Cruisers with the third row seat option got rear air included automatically starting in 2000. All Cruisers period (in the U.S.) got third row seats and rear air standard starting in 2002.

Steve at Man-A-Fre and I are still trying to figure out what to do about this. Not even sure if Milford makes one for the rear-air Cruisers.

BTW, this was a very heavy-duty and well-made unit and I was so looking forward to fitting it.

Steve -

Thanks, that is awesome news! Just give me a call or PM me and let me know what to do. As I mentioned on the phone, there's no big rush on this.

Tell Al C. he's got a kick-ass sales manager!

Thanks,

hmmmm.........maybe I should get one of those. really like the one in the fj80

Steve when ya find out the price ect PM me with the info please.

John

Landpimp said:
hmmmm.........maybe I should get one of those. really like the one in the fj80

Steve when ya find out the price ect PM me with the info please.

John
Too bad you don't use that MM175 Pimp :flipoff2:

You could make that an easy project and it would be pretty straight forward. :D

Steve, a short detour, is it possible to purchase just the mounting hardware for the 80 and/or 100 series from Milford? I'm sorta working on a longshot with someone who has the barrier out of an 80 but not the hardware to attach to the truck. Is there a way to just get the mounting hardware from you? Thanks. They are really awesome barriers. :cheers:

Ok well to answer a few questions at once, there is a new U.S. distributor for the cargo barriers. For the future we will be purchasing our barriers through him, and the prices will be going up, up, and away........ :frown: Here are the new retail prices for all Cruisers:

60 series - $459.00
80 and 100 series - $519.00

TurboCruiser, I'm not sure if you can get it seperate. I asked the dealer, he said he will check with Milford and get back to me. He also said he would rather not sell the hardware seperate unless you have previously purchased a Milford barrier. I guess he doesnt want people making there own or something.

Thanks, Steve.

How easy/difficult would it be to move the milford from one vehicle to another. Let's assume I have 2 sets of hardware -- one installed in each vehicle. All I'd need to move would be the barrier itself. What would it be? A half-hour job? A major PITA?

How much would additional mounting hardware cost?

I have 2 matching vehicles and it would be nice to be able to move the barrier between rigs.

Doug -

It's basically four thumbscrews and it would probably take about five minutes once you had the procedure down. Unscrew all four, remove from vehicle A, position in vehicle B, bolt in place with the same four thumbscrews. Getting the second set of mounting hardware would probably be the biggest obstacle...

Thanks Derek.
I'll try to work the details out with Steve-O.

It's good to know that the barrier is easy enough to remove. Having it in would require modifications to my current sleeping arrangements.

I'm still waiting to see how much the hardware will run seperate, plus you'll have to wait to get it here from Australia. The distributor didnt seem all that interested in selling it seperate for some reason, but I did bring up the point of customers like norcaldoug with 2 vehicles. I'll post the info again when I get it.

I'm still a little bent about the barrier I sent to Derek, apparently we may not be able to replace it because his vehicle has rear side impact air bags. Sorry Derek! Let me know how the subtank works out! So a word of caution for 100 series owners, make sure to get the barrier for rear air conditioning (if you have it) and if you have rear air bags, you may be SOL. :doh:

Steve

Steve-O said:
I'm still waiting to see how much the hardware will run seperate, plus you'll have to wait to get it here from Australia. The distributor didnt seem all that interested in selling it seperate for some reason, Steve

Steve, thanks for looking into all this, I appreciate it. I had a sneaking suspicion that they were going to get somewhat goofy about the hardware. In this case I am SOL cause I did not even purchase the barrier; an acquaintance purchased it with the vehicle. Its one of those things where he removed it almost as soon as he got the vehicle (wife did not want it in there) and used it so little that he actually then traded the truck to our local toyota dealer without the barrier in it! :doh: According to him, its just getting dusty and is available, "for a song", he's practically asking me to take the thing away! I'd hate to miss the opportunity but technically if the policy is to sell the spare hardware only to original owners (which I do understand) then I have no right to even ask for it. Crappolla!

BTW, I was unclear about something. Are you saying the price is already up up and away at 519 or the price now is 519 and its predicted to go higher still? Thanks again for looking into the hardware. I guess if they dont mind my situation I would still want to get the stuff but not by violating their policy. Thanks. :cheers:

Turbocruiser, I havent heard back about the hardware yet, but to answer your cost question, the current price is $519.00. Hopefully it will stay this way. The barrier I sold to Derek went for $375.00, I felt really bad telling him that replacing it would be $519.00. Then I let him have it again when I found out that it wont work with rear side air bags. I'm just glad none of this is my fault!

Steve.

Sounds like the new distributor is a real great guy :rolleyes: Might make me rethink getting one altogether just to keep from putting money in his pocket.

I bet exchange rates have something to do with this as well. I think the dollar is pretty weak right now...

dclee said:
I bet exchange rates have something to do with this as well. I think the dollar is pretty weak right now...

The dollar is very weak, but not $519 weak. But we used to piggy back the shipment with other Aussie vendors so we had a price break on shipping, he's probably suffering from that. I'm not really sure anymore.

Steve.

Steve-O said:
The dollar is very weak, but not $519 weak. But we used to piggy back the shipment with other Aussie vendors so we had a price break on shipping, he's probably suffering from that. I'm not really sure anymore.

Steve.

BTW, I think I'm going to get that barrier anyway. I'll call you next week. I checked out the mounting positions, and also spoke to a pretty good Toyota service manager at the local dealer, and it looks like it will work. We'll talk next week.

Thanks,

Josh83 said:
Sounds like the new distributor is a real great guy :rolleyes: Might make me rethink getting one altogether just to keep from putting money in his pocket.

Steve any update on whether the distributor is going to sell the hardware separately??? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom