Who's got the best deal on an arb winch bullbar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready for a purchase. Got a radio on ebay that's gonna pay for my bumper so I'm looking for the best price on the whole gig or other comparable ideas.
Must be a winch type bumper with a grill/ radiator hoop.

LMK

I get mine from the ARB guys in Seattle. Im not sure how the price fluctuates as you look around. There are a lot of venders you can check with though.

TB

I get all my ARB s*** through David.

Kurt is another option. As well as slee.

Not sure who has the best prices.

Kurt has good prices and man- a fre but I looked into it about 650 for the bumper and 150 shipping! a HUGE 800 bucks for a simple bumper?!?!?

CruisinGA said:
It's not that simple..

Once you see one serving its purpose you won't question the price...

Agreed. Mine's been on my Cruiser since '96 and it still looks pretty much the same, Rustoleum Satin Black is almost a dead match to the color of the ARB powdercoating, covers up all the scratches/trail rash. It's definitely worth it.

Purchased mine yesterday from 4x4 connection $675.00 plus freight to a commericial address $75.00. $135.00 to residential address. They had 2 more in stock. Oh, he is in virginia.

I've heard that TJM also makes on but I haven't found any info re: their 60 series bumper. Can anyone confirm if they do or don't make a 60 series unit?

How about a Safarigard? Some lighter than ARB but still plenty stout. Keeps the front end lighter for high speed maneuvers like when I street race my 60. Plus not as common as ARB so it makes me feel special inside. And we all need to feel special.

Here's my rig with Safarigard; right after the semi-famous Exiled directed and orchestrated a touchy recovery off the rocks using another truck and a winch. He was my spotter: "Right; a little left, come to me, stop... OK--I need another truck over here!" Henry's even sexier in person.

Hey Doc, how about the Horns! Is that OEM, or a safari upgrade...:)

Maybe your welder freind who made the rear quarter pannels could whip up some front bumpers?

i like the horns

it's totaly texan.... :cool: all you need are them thar truck nutz off the rear bumper....NOT!!!! :D

I mashed my ARB hard at K-rocks ..... nomore than scratches. the safari Guard looks to have more clearance for rocks ....BUT I like the looks of the ARB better
IMHO :D

kling-on said:
....BUT I like the looks of the ARB better

Well, if you're into looks that much... :flipoff2:
I think the ARB is more durable, but for a rig built moderately like mine lighter weight has some utility. Kling On your rig is a friggin tank; I think the ARB is a better choice for you. I have decided to stop at the level I'm at now with this 60 (32s, unlocked, lightish, fastish with V8) and consider it "the ultimate camping truck."

I saw a pic of the TJM once. Thats what we have on my wifes 4Runner. I like them better than ARB, they are stronger and better welds (from what I've benn told on the welds). I know I am prob gunna get flamed, but that TJM we have is stout!!

I can only compare the TJMs on 80 series trucks but the ARB is much more stout. The side wings on the TJMs bolt on and the underside metal is weak and unreinforced. Maybe the 60 series bar is different but in my limited experience the ARB is the way to go. I got my ARB for the 60 in like new condition off a wrecked FJ62 for less than 1/3 the standard price, and no shipping, thanks to a tip off on this forum!!!! It makes the $20 Woody star fee seem cheap.

I like the look of the Safarigard, DocB's was the first one I ever saw up close. My only criticism is that it doesn't have good tow points, but that can be fixed. Lots of clearance for a wheeling wagon, much more than the ARB.

That said, my ARB was well-priced, has stood up to hell on earth, and after a few recent mods, (call it an ARB+ if you will), meets and exceeds all my needs.

"Semi-famous"....more like "infamous"! :)

Add FJ60.com to the list of other vendors. They can usually beat the price on the web site if you give them a call. No affiliation other than a happy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom